THIRTY FOUR

"So, you're telling me that both of you are Avengers?" May asked

She was pacing all around the room, going crazy as she tried to get her thoughts together. Olivia and Peter were both sitting on the couch, glancing back and forth between each other and May.

Olivia took a deep breath, "No, we were asked to be Avengers and we both turned down the offer."

"But, then what about Spider-Man and Chameleon? What are they then?" May questioned.

"They are us. I am Spider-Man and Liv is Chameleon," Peter answered, "We are superheroes, but we aren't Avengers."

May shook her head rapidly, "This is crazy. This is absolutely insane."

"I know, I know, May. But, please just sit down so we can talk about this," Olivia stated, hoping to get her to calm down.

"I can't just talk about this!" May screamed, "My nephew is Spider-Man, and his best friend is Chameleon."

"May, please, this isn't helping," Peter pleaded, his eyes wide in fear.

"I can't believe you would keep something like this from me. How could you? I thought we told each other everything," May continued.

Olivia then quickly stood up. She then walked over to the pacing woman and placed her hands on her shoulders, stopping her from moving.

"May, listen to me. I know this is a lot to take in, but if you just take a deep breath we can talk about this and Peter and I can explain. So please just sit down so I don't have to put you in a bubble," Olivia said, her voice a mixture of calmness, sternness, and a small amount of annoyance.

The woman took a deep breath and the nodded her head. Olivia let her go and say back down next to Peter. May say across from them.

"Okay, start from the beginning. Olivia first," May spoke after a few seconds of silence.

Olivia then began to explain, "I have no idea how I got my powers. I have had them for as long as I can remember. You know that I don't have a legal guardian and the story behind that. You know how Mr. Stark gave me the internship that paid money. The internship is me being the Chameleon."

"Exactly, same thing goes for me," Peter said, "I got my powers about eight months ago. I was bitten by a spider and somehow it changed my DNA. All the sneaking out and everything was because I was out protecting people. Mr. Stark did take away my suit, but he gave it back after I caught this criminal that was selling dangerous weapons."

May looked between the two kids as they spoke. Both of them taking turns to explain everything stat happened in the last two months up until they were back to sitting on the couch.

"So, you have been doing this for eight months, and you never told me?" May asked, her voice sounding hurt.

"I didn't want to put your life in danger, or have you worry," Peter replied.

The woman shook her head, "But I did worry. Without knowing about you having special powers. And you're the one putting your life in danger."

"But it's different," Olivia contradicted, "I know that sounds like a load of crap, but it's true. Peter can move and heal quicker than most people. Both of us have completely different DNA if you compare us to humans. A wound that could take a year to heal would only take a day with Peter."

"He could still be killed," May whispered.

Peter then leaned forward and grabbed his aunt's hand, "May, I'm not going to go anywhere. But I can't just have these powers and do nothing. Not after what happened."

Olivia knew that he was referring to Ben. Peter had never fully opened up about that night, it was the one thing he never wanted to talk about. All Olivia knew was that Ben had been shot in the street.

"I know," May smiled, "You're just good like that."

"Does that mean he doesn't have to stop being Spider-Man?" Olivia asked, her eyes lighting up.

May then nodded her head, "Yes, he can go back to being Spider-Man."

"Go back to being?" Peter repeated, confused on what she meant.

"You can go back to saving the city as soon as you are ungrounded," May clarified.

"Grounded?" Olivia asked.

May gave a nod, "Yes. I am grounding you both for three months."

"Three months?" Peter gasped, a look of horror on his face.

"You can't ground me," Olivia stated.

"Oh I can," May replied, "Just because you are your own legal guardian doesn't mean you can keep things from me. Especially if you are going to be dating my boy."

Olivia's eyes went wide as she shared a look with Peter. When she looked back at May she gave a frown, "Yes, Ma'am."

"What do you mean by grounded?" Peter asked, clearly he had never been grounded a day in his life.

"Basically you come home straight after school everyday. No hanging out with friends, or going on dates. And no superheroing," May informed.

Peter then let out a sigh, "Okay."

"Don't worry," May said, "Olivia can still come over and eat dinner with us. I'm not that mean. And I won't take your phones."

"Okay," Peter repeated, his voice sounding lighter at her statement.

"Good," May smiled, "Now, I'm gonna go get us Mexican for dinner. So Peter change out of your suit while I'm gone."

She then got up and left the apartment. Olivia gave a look to Peter and burst out laughing.

Peter gave her a look, "What's so funny?"

"That went a lot better that I was expecting," Olivia answered.

"Yeah, but we both got grounded, and now we can't go to the movies," Peter replied.

Olivia gave a shrug, "That's okay. Means we don't have to rush into anything and you can have three extra months to plan this so called perfect mystery date."

"I didn't think of it like that," Peter stated, more saying it to himself than Olivia.

The girl let out another laugh as she kissed his cheek, "That's why I'm here. Now go get changed."

Peter gave a smile as he got up and went into his room. Olivia smiled to herself as she watched him walk away. The grounding wasn't bad at all. Olivia was thankful to have someone like May in her life, even if she postponed their date for three months.