NINETEEN

For some odd reason, whenever Olivia painted her nails, they would always chip within the week

For some odd reason, whenever Olivia painted her nails, they would always chip within the week. So there she was, leaning on the bus and scrubbing off all of the nail polish she had on her fingertips.

The Decathlon team was around her, all of them waiting for Mr. Harrington to give them the okay to board the bus and head off to Washington.

Olivia had spent the night hanging out with Peter and Ned, watching the tracker do it's work. They managed to figure out that the weapon guys at their school had stopped in Maryland. However, soon after that information was found out, the two boys ended up passing out. And Olivia slipped out of Peter's apartment and went to sleep in her own.

And now she was here, picking away at her nails and nervously waiting to see if Peter would show up or not. And it didn't take long for her to get her answer.

"Hey, it's Peter," Abraham pointed out, causing the whole team to look at the boy who was running up to them.

Peter came to a stop, "Guys."

"Peter?" Liz replied, looking at the boy in shock.

"Yeah, I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team," Peter informed, giving them all a small smile.

"No, no way," Flash replied, walking to where Peter was standing, "You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone."

Mr. Harrington, with his incredible ironic timing, spoke, "Hey, welcome back, Peter. Flash, you're back to first alternate."

Flash's eyes grew wide as he stared at their teacher, "What?"

"He's taking your place," Abraham laughed.

Olivia began to laugh with the rest of the team as she gave Abraham a high five. She liked Abraham. He was funny and always had a witty thing to say.

"Excuse me, can we go already?" Michelle spoke up from the back, "Because I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner, so."

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus," Mr. Harrington agreed, ushering all of the kids into the vehicle.

Flash then tore his jacket off of his body and shoved it into Peter's arms. Peter stumbled back a few feet, clutching the jacket in his arms. Olivia laughed as all of the kids got onto the bus.

She gave Peter a big smile as she started to follow the team, "Glad you decided to take the risk. It gonna be one hell of a trip."

Olivia then walked to the back of the bus and chose to sit in the seat behind Ned. He was staring at the small hologram that was being emitted from Peter's webshooter, which meant that Peter had brought his suit. And Olivia did the same thing, only she didn't really plan on using it. It was more of a precaution on her part. So, she pulled out her headphones and started to listen to her music, humming along to the songs she was listening to.

Soon time had passed and the bus was now moving along. Peter was in the front with the rest of the team, answering questions and answering a lot of questions correctly. But then he stood up with his phone next to his ear and began to walk to the back of the bus.

He took a seat next to Olivia, "Look, Happy, I gotta say, you tracking us without our permission is a complete violation of our privacy."

Olivia took out one of her earbuds and gave Peter a curious look. Ned pointed to the hologram he had been staring at since they got in the bus.

"That's different," Peter whispered, shifting in the seat.

Muffled talking could be heard on the other end of the phone, but Olivia couldn't make out who it was or what they were saying.

"Nothing," Peter stated, "Look, it's just the Academic Decathlon. It's no big deal."

More talking was on the other end for a few seconds. But then the call ended and Peter put his phone back into his pocket.

Olivia narrowed her eyes, "Who was that and why were they tracking us?"

"It was Happy. And Mr. Stark put trackers in our suits," Peter answered, giving a slight eye roll.

"Oh, okay that's cool then," Olivia responded, looking down at her phone and skipping the song that was playing.

Peter let out a sarcastic laugh, "You're okay with them tracking us?"

"Uh, yeah. I am," Olivia replied, "It's a good thing to have just in case something bad happens. And it's not like I have anything to hide anyways."

"But what about him treating us like we're children?" Peter asked, staring at the girl in disbelief.

Olivia then realized what was going on inside Peter's head and gave a smile, "Mr. Stark isn't treating us like children. He is simply making sure we don't die while we do what he asks of us."

"Maybe," Peter huffed, "But I just want him to know that I don't need to be tracked."

"Well, one day we won't be. But you have to understand that we're teenagers with superpowers. If something crazy was to ever happen then I think Mr. Stark, the person who gave us suits in the first place, deserves to know that we're safe and know where we are," Olivia explained, placing her hand on Peter's shoulder.

He gave a small nod as he looked down at his hands. Peter was nervously messing with them, just like he always did when he was around Olivia. She didn't know why he got so nervous around her, but Olivia did know why she got nervous around him.

And just like always, her heart started to pick up pace. She took her hand away and went back to her phone, pretending to shuffle through songs and look out the widow. In the reflection, she could see Peter looking at her. And that made her heart beat even faster than before.

"Jeez. Y'all act like a superhero couple," Ned laughed to himself as he messed with the hologram.

Olivia smiled to herself as she looked back at Peter. A longing ache in her heart. If only fate would allow that.