THIRTY SEVEN

A few more weeks passed, and everything was going great

A few more weeks passed, and everything was going great. Today though, Olivia was stressing out just a little bit.

The whole reason behind it was because she and Peter were going to be attending the NBA Finals party that Tony Stark was hosting. He had invited the two kids, which was especially surprising to Olivia.

Celebrities were also going to be there at that party, and being around high class people like that stressed Olivia out. Because in her mind she sometimes felt like the world still viewed her as the little homeless girl on the street.

So there Olivia stood, in front of her mirror, critiquing ever single aspect of her reflection. She felt as though her outfit wasn't right, or her hair wasn't exactly the way she wanted it.

The girl let out a huff and tore off the jacket that she was wearing. She walked back over to her closet and stared at the clothes inside. Then a funny thought crossed her mind.

"Why am I caring?" Olivia asked out loud to herself.

"Yeah why are you caring?" A voice asked.

Olivia whipped her head around and gave a smile to the person who had spoken. Peter was hanging upside down on her window. He was fully dressed in what he normally wore.

"I mean, you are beautiful in anything you wear," Peter continued, swinging back and forth, his hair swaying along with him.

The thought became the truth in her mind. It never mattered what she wore or how she looked. All her life she was looked down on because of her status. But without even changing who she was she gained Peter Parker in her life. And he thought she was beautiful no matter what.

Olivia let out a laugh and walked over to the boy and gave him a small kiss on the lips. Peter's smile brightened and he lowered himself on the floor and sat down.

Like a little kid, Peter crossed his legs and rested hands in his lap. He started at Olivia with adoring eyes.

"You know you're a dork right?" Olivia asked.

Peter gave an eye roll, "I didn't even do anything."

"Hmm, it's just the way you are," Olivia replied, turning back to her closet.

"You always say that," Peter huffed, crossing his arms and pouting.

Olivia pulled out overalls from her closets and a black and white stripped shirt. She turned back to Peter, "Because it's true. It makes you adorable. Adorkable if you will."

Peter's face became a shade of red as Olivia entered her bathroom to change. She was only in there for a could of seconds and when she came out Peter's face softened.

"You look pretty," Peter whispered.

Olivia laughed again and looked at her reflection. She smiled at the overalls and shirt she had put on. And she liked the fishnets that she also decided to wear.