THIRTY EIGHT

One thing Olivia never expected for her was a good life, but she had it

One thing Olivia never expected for her was a good life, but she had it. For the first time in her life she had a home, and she had a family. She was getting more involved in school, being the lead in a musical really brought out her school spirit. Even if she didn't really attend the sports, more spirited in the academic and arts spectrum.

They were days away from show night. Three to be exact. Everyone had been rehearsing like crazy, Olivia was especially driving herself mad. Peter on the other hand was perfectly calm, on the outside at least.

When the two were hanging out at Peter's apartment he would be ranting over and over about how he had two left feet and his voice was cracking. Every time Olivia would be there to convince him otherwise.

Peter was a great dancer, especially when it came to jumps and flips and all sorts of things in that category. Being bitten by a radioactive spider didn't just give Peter super powers, it also made him a kickass dancer.

At this moment Olivia and Peter were watching a movie on Peter's couch. May was in the kitchen, making something that Olivia knew would turn out horrible. Most nights that's what happened. May would try and cook something nice, it would go wrong, Olivia would then help her try and clean it up, and then the three of them would go out to eat or order something to be delivered.

The smoke alarm started to go off, and Olivia stood up with a sigh. She gave Peter a loving look, "That's my cue."

"I'll go get May's things so we can go get something," Peter laughed.

He jumped to his feet and gave Olivia a small kiss on the cheek. Then Peter went into May's room to retrieve her purse and jacket.

Olivia walked into the kitchen and saw May waving a rag, trying to get the smoke to go away.

The girl walked over to the window and opened it up, "You know, soon the neighbors are gonna be tired of the smoke."

"Pretty sure they're already tired of it," May laughed, "Soon you're gonna be tired of helping me clean up all these messes."

"That's never gonna happen. I could never get tired of the woman who raised Peter," Olivia said sweetly.

A huge smile came across May's face, "And I could never be tired of the girl who made Peter's life happy."

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

"Before you, Peter just seemed off all the time. Sad," May explained, "But you brought back the smile he once had, you know before..."

May trailed off just as Peter walked through the door way. Olivia knew she was referring to Ben. Even though they had been dating for a long while, Peter still never really talked about him. Only mentioning him here and there. But Olivia knew that the anniversary of Ben's death was also coming up. The night of the play to be exact. Olivia asked Peter if he'd be okay on that day. All she got was that Peter was fine with the distraction.

It hurt Olivia's heart that Peter wouldn't open up to her about it, but it wasn't her place to force him to talk about it. Olivia would wait as long as it took for Peter to tell her the full story of that night.

"You guys ready to go?" he asked, looking at Olivia with his big brown eyes.

She loved his eyes. She loved him, even tho she'd never tell him that. It was way to early into their relationship to say that she loved him. Many people would say she's rushing it, and it was stupid. Or that she was going to make Peter uncomfortable. That was the last thing she wanted to do. But she did love him.

She loved everything about him, and maybe one day she'd tell him. But not yet. Now was way too soon, and who knew if he loved her back. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe he just really liked her, but he wasn't in love with her. It wasn't her choice. It was his. And a part of Olivia was terrified of finding out what that choice was. Because what if he didn't love her back.

She didn't like to spend too much time in that thought. It would always bring her down when she thought about it late at night. So instead she just nodded her head yes.

Peter gave a warm smile and handed Olivia her backpack. The only thing inside was her suit. Peter's backpack contained the same thing. It was a normal thing that they did. There have been times when Peter would have to suit up to go solve a problem. Olivia hardly ever did. Only when he really needed help.

The girl entangled her fingers with Peter's as they left the apartment. May was walking beside Olivia, putting her in between the two.

The trio talk about how they hoped the apartment would smell good when they got back. They did leave a window cracked to let out the odor and smoke. Usually the smell would be almost completely gone, depending on what she tried to cook, when they got back.

Tonight they had decided to eat Chinese food, Olivia's pick. Each night they'd take turns picking where they would eat and what type of food.

They continued to walk down the streets of new york when suddenly Olivia felt odd. Something in her body wasn't right. Something was wrong. She could feel it in her bones.

Olivia stopped in the middle of the side walked, feeling her arm drag out as Peter kept walking, his hand still attached to hers. Peter noticed and stopped in his tracks.

"Liv?" Peter said.

Olivia let her hand fall from Peter's as she looked around. Trying to find what it was. She could almost see it. Her entire body could feel it. The electric pulse in her veins.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked, worry filling his voice.

His eyes were trained on Olivia as she took a step forward. Something in the sky was off. The buildings around her seemed dimmer. Something was horribly wrong.

Olivia then locked eyes with what it was. A face in the crowd, a blue glowing face. Anger seeped into his eyes. As soon as he saw Olivia a smile spread across his face. He stuck out his hand and a shock wave came at her.

Peter, now noticing what was happening, reached out his hand to Olivia, trying to move her out of the way. But before he reached her, the blue lightning hit her and she fell to the ground convulsing. People around her started to scream.