|Jaemin|

Jaemin🐰
Word count: 1005
You check on your (introverted) friend
!¡angst!¡

Y/N's POV

I called him and texted him many times but he doesn't respond. All I want to know is if it's okay for me to come over. Guess I'll just pass by uninvited. If he wants it or not, he should've answered my calls. I enter the apartment building and use the spare key I got from him. He most likely even forgot I got the spare key. But anyway, I walk into the apartment, it smelled like death. Wait he didn't die right? "Jaemin?" I call out.

"Y/n why are you here?" He stumbles out of his room in some sweats, an oversized hoodie and messy hair. "Did you just woke up or are you on something?" I ask. "I don't do drugs y/n, only naps and food." He tells me with a sleepy voice. "What have you been doing all day? It's almost 4 o'clock." I say looking at the time. "I've only been in my room, in my bed to be more specific. And that's where I'm going to again, goodnight. Close the door behind you if you leave." I stopped him. "I'm not leaving."

"Why? I just want to sleep peacefully." He whines. "Jaemin this is not just because you're tired. You've been only sleeping for the past weeks. Tell me what's up?" I ask him. "Nothing." He tells me. I give him the look of disbelief. "What? I mean it, there's nothing wrong. I'm totally fine." He tells me. "Jaemin don't lie, you know I hate that. I'm not stupid." I scold him. "I'm not lying! I'm sorry that I like being alone and inside. That's just who I am!" He says frustrated at my nagging. "What do you mean with that? This is not who I know you like. Where happy cheerful outgoing Jaemin?"

"He's never been here. I'm an introverted loner, what you see when we're in our enormous friend group is just an act to show that I care about all of you. Just accept it that I'm like this. Now please leave so I can go back to my room." He gets up and walks into his dark room. "Jaemin. I'm also an introvert but I don't act like this." I followed him behind. "Who's the one lying now? You're not an introvert. Look at you, you came all the way here for what even?"

"Yes I am an introvert. And I came all the way here because I care about you. I was worried about you. I thought you might be going through the same things I go through and believe me you don't deserve that." I tell him. "I'm not ready to lose my best friend because I didn't show enough care. Not another one." I say. "Please don't bring that up. You know I don't like to talk about what happened with Haeun." He says. "But it's just what it is. I don't want the same to happen to you. You're all that I've left."

Jaemin takes me in a hug once he sees my tears. "That's not true. We've got a whole group of friends." He tells me. "But it's not the same with them. I'm not as close with them than I am with you. You and Haeun were my 2 real best friends, the ones I spend my childhood and teenage years with. And now adulthood with you." I cried some more. Jaemin hugged me tightly, to let me know that I can let it all out and that it's fine.

"I promise you that I'm doing fine. You won't lose me. Everyone just got their bad days, but I'll get through them." He tells me. We sit down on his bed. "Now tell me what did you mean with: I thought you might be going through the same things I go through." He holds my hands and looks at me, patiently waiting for an answer. "It's nothing. I have to go now so you can take your nap." I get up but he pulls me back. "Y/n, sit and tell me. You let me know you're there for me so now I'm doing the same because you are also all I've got left."

"I'm just scared of what the future will bring. And college ain't helping at all. What if I don't get to graduate and I don't get a good job? What if I end up on the streets?" I questioned. "You won't end up on the streets because there's always space here for you to live. Secondly: you're not going to fail college and you will graduate together with me." He tells me. "Don't be scared okay. And if you ever get scared again just come to me and we'll talk about it or we can just cuddle until you feel better."

"Can we cuddle now?" I ask. "Heck yeah we can, come here!" He opens his arms for me. We lay down on his bed as we cuddled and talked my and his sorrows away. It felt good and safe. As if I'm not alone anymore. "Y/n." I hum in response. "Thank you. Thanks for coming over and making sure if I'm doing alright." He thanks me. "You're welcome. But also thanks for letting me rant about everything. I needed that, someone to listen and understand."

A short silence followed. Jaemin looks at me, we make eye contact for a few seconds. He leans closer, I feel his breath hitting my lips. "Can I?" He asks and I nod in response. Jaemin closed the gap between us, our lips touching each other's. We pull away and I see him smile for the first time in a while. "I really like you y/n." He confesses. "I like you too Jaemin. But what does this make us?" I ask. "I'm hoping on maybe boyfriend and girlfriend. So do you?" He asks, I chuckle. "Yes. That'd be amazing." I smile widely.

~
A/N: goodnight everyone~
💚🌱