|Mark|

Mark☁︎
Word count: 1201
He's the new employee

Y/N's POV

"Ah y/n you're here. Please take a seat." My boss said. I sit down on the chair next to a guy I've never seen before. Am I in trouble? "Y/n this is Mark, he's one of the new employees. Could you please show him around and help explain how we work in this company. He'll work next to your booth." The boss explains. "Oh yeah of course." I tell him. "Okay you may leave now, I still got a bunch of work to do." I got up with Mark following me.

"So you're y/n?" He asks. "Um yeah." I was surprised by his beautiful voice. "So as you know now this is the CEO's office, you'll only gotta be here if he calls for you through his assistant. Over here you can get yourself something to drink or eat your lunch, but be prepared to also eat your lunch at your desk because many people always got too much work to be finished." I explain to him. "Actually this floor is nothing special. Here's where all the work happens, our work. The office. Sometimes we have a meeting and that's on the end of the hall way either the left room or right room."

"Okay. Is there anything else I gotta know?" Mark asks. "This is your desk. I don't know if you've done something like this before?" He nods. "Okay so you know what you'll have to do. I already see some paperwork you can do. Good luck and if you need help I'm right here." I sit at my desk next to his. "Uh y/n." I turn to Mark again. "Yeah?" He was pointing at the papers.

"This is the Marketing team right?" I shook my head. "Marketing team is on the 11th floor. We gotta fill these numbers and everything in on the pc, send it to the marketing team. Sometimes copying something and put everything in the right files and documents. We're just as important." I tell him. "But I came here for the marketing team." He frowns. "Did you sign the contract without reading it?" He looks down at his hands. "Oh Mark. What did you do? Look I'm here for like 2 years already, and I'm still trying to get a job at the marketing team. It's no use."

"But..." I cut him off. "The ceo sees it like this: you gotta work your way up, you first work here then get promoted to this floor's boss kinda like and then they might promote you to another floor." I explain. "Where are you?" He asks me. "This close to becoming your boss. But I'm still not there yet." I say. "Oh god. But we can... we can maybe work together, already show our skills for the marketing team and maybe we get promoted sooner." He says. "You think that will work? Mark come on. Just fill these papers in, and make sure to have them all done by lunch. You got 2 hours left."

A few months had passed. Mark tried every day to get me with him on his plan on promotion. I didn't think it'll work. But we do became closer with each other. He's a great guy but sometimes his plans are too high to be reached. "Y/n just take a look at it, I worked this out yesterday at home. I think if we show this we could get actually get the recognition we deserve." I shook my head.

"You really don't want to work with me? Fine, I'll show the boss this idea and you'll see he'll like it." He gets up. I see him walk to our boss' office. I focused on that door waiting for him to walk out, it was taking a while. He finally walks out and sits back at his desk. "And? Oh Mark don't look so sad, I warned y-" he cut me off. "He thought it was an amazing idea! He's going to introduce it at the next meeting with the marketing team." My eyes widened that's amazing, I'm happy for you." I smile.

"Omg I can't believe it!" I got at the company not too long ago and Mark already comes up to me. "Have you seen that?" He asks me. "Everyone has seen it." I say. "They used my idea for the next advertisement! That's so great!" He smiles. "You don't get it huh?" I ask. "What?" He ask confused. "I'm the new boss, the previous guy got promoted. He used your idea and said it was his own. He tricked you to get promoted." I tell him. "No. For real?" I nod. "I'm sorry Mark." I tell him. "So now you get the office and I'll be on my own?"

"You'll never be on your own." I tell him. "Can this day get any worse?" He asks. "Y/n can you come to my office?" The ceo himself asked me to come. Oh no. "What's wrong sir?" I ask. "You gotta fire someone." He tells me. This is not what I wanted to do. "Who?" I ask nervously. "Mark Lee. He's always busy with other things than work. I can't have someone like this in the company." I sigh. How am I going to tell him?

"At the end of the day I want him out. Here are the papers to end his contract." I take the documents. "Thank you sir, but I can't do it." I say. "What do you mean? You're his boss, he doesn't work good so you gotta fire him. I don't have time to do that." He says. "Then you'll have to find someone else to do it because I'm not firing him." I say. "It looks like you want to lose your job as well." I look him in the eyes. "Good, fire me them you can just as well fire Mark but I'm not doing that!"

I get up and walk out of his office. When I closed his door I see Mark standing with the biggest eyes. "You have to fire me?" He asks. "I'm not doing that." I say. "You're getting yourself in trouble." He says. "Yes. But there are many other jobs that we can do. I'm not going to fire my best friend. Then I rather find another job." Mark suddenly hugs me. "Thank you y/n, that's really nice of you. "Is there a job you want to do? Like really wanna do?" I ask. "I've always wanted to become singer-rapper." He smiles.

"You're kidding? I always wanted to become a producer. We're going to find a studio and we'll write and make some songs together. Mark Lee get ready to make your dreams come true!" He starts laughing. "Oh you're serious. You really wanna do that?" I nod in response. "You gotta Take the chance, who knows you might be really good and become famous. I know some people who can help us makes this become reality." I tell him. "Thank you." He smiles happily. "Let's go." I say. "But work ain't over yet." He says. "We're getting fired anyway."

~
A/N: idk what this is cuz I don't know how a company works and what an office job looks like but I tried
💚🌱