|Hendery|

Hendery
Word count: 1033
Y/n's his (fake) date

Y/N POV

"Hey." Hendery smiles. "So there's this dinner tonight with my family." He says. "Hendery why are you telling me this?" I ask suspiciously. "Just because, can't I tell my best friend something?" He nudged my shoulder. "Just get to the point." I say. "Okay so I promised I'd introduce them to my girlfriend but she broke up with me." He says. "The one with the rich dad and the Porsche? Or the sister of that basketball player?" I asked. "No the one with the 2 doctors as parents." He tells me.

"Ah good, I didn't like her." I chuckled. "You said you liked her!" He gasps. "No I did not, I said I liked the previous girl better." I remind him. "But she cheated." I remained silent. "But anyway I can't show up without anyone, please come with me!" He pouts. "Why would I come with you? Your parents know I'm your best friend." I say. "So? I can tell them that I'm dating you. And next month or something I can tell them we were better off as friends. Just pretend to be my date and girlfriend for tonight."

"Only tonight right?" I ask him. "Yes only tonight and nothing else. It's just a dinner with my whole family and that's it." He smiles. "Wait your whole family? Like your grandparents and uncles and aunts?" Hendery slowly nods. "Please!" He begs. "You know I used to date one of your cousins, I can't face him again." I say. "But that's so long ago, and he has someone else now. He really doesn't care anymore." He tells me. "That's why I can't face him, he had a whole glow up and has someone else now, I have nothing, I'm a loser compared to him."

"No you're not, just come. If we pretend to be dating he sees how much of a glow up you had and you're way better without him." He tells me. "Maybe yeah, but I need to get ready now, I only have like... at what time is the dinner?" I asked him. "7pm." I gasp. "I only have 3 hours to get ready. Look in my closet and find something your family will like, I'm gonna shower." I tell him as I rush into the bathroom to get ready for tonight.

I walk out of the bathroom totally dressed, hair and makeup done. "So what do you think?" I ask. "What I think? You look... fantastic." He realised what he said and got shy, looking down at his hands. "So let's go." I take a purse and put my phone and keys in it. Me and Hendery go to his car and he drives us to his family. "Oh by the way, you have a younger brother who recently was sick so I helped you take care of him and your aunt has a dog called Marcel." Hendery informs me. "My aunt is allergic to dogs."

"Not anymore. Just play along please." I sigh and give in. "Fine, but don't expect much more. Just tonight." He nods and smiles. "Thank you, you're the best!" We arrived at his parents' house. We get out of the car and he rings the doorbell. "Hendery! Oh y/n. Wasn't your girlfriend coming with you?" His mother asks. "Mom, y/n is my girlfriend." He tells her and holds my hand. "Oh okay, come in. Your family is here already okay." Hendery nods and I follow him inside. His mom didn't seem happy to see me as his girlfriend.

"Here he is, we were already worried that you wouldn't come." His dad laughs. "And you brought y/n?" He asks confused. "I'm dating her for a while now. We're really happy together, right babe?" I feel my face warming up. He called me babe. "Yes, I really am happy to have Hendery as my boyfriend. I couldn't imagine anyone else." We hugged, I noticed his cousin already looking. Is he jealous yet? "Sit down. Dinner is almost ready." We sat down, right across his cousin, great. "So y/n, that's long ago." He chuckles. "Yeah indeed." I awkwardly smile.

"Hendery I thought you and y/n were just friends? What has changed?" His dad asks. "Well we just realised we wanted to be more and now we'll see how it works out." He explains. "Me and y/n didn't work out." I glare at Hendery's cousin. "I'm not you." Hendery says. "What do you mean with that?" He asks. "You know good enough what I mean with that." Hendery rests his arm around my shoulder. Can he please stop? Everyone can see the redness of my face by now. "Actually I don't." I sigh.

"It means that I really care about y/n and... unlike you, I really love her." He looked me in the eyes, it's almost as if he meant it and he wasn't pretending. "I really loved her." I scoff. "If you did then why breakup and move on so easily? I know your feelings weren't honest." I speak up. "Hey, we're here for family not to fight." Hendery's grandmother says. "I'm sorry, I can't stay here." I say as I get up. Hendery comes after me. "I'm sorry, we shouldn't have fought in front of everyone. Please don't leave." I sigh. "It's not for that Hendery."

"Then why do you wanna leave?" He asks me. "Because I know you meant what you said. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I ask. "I was scared that you'd reject me. We're best friends, I don't want to confess and then lose you as my friend." He tells me. "Who says I'd reject you? You should've just told me. I love you too." He steps closer and hugs me. "Will you really care better about me than he did?" I ask. "Of course, I won't ever lie or hide anything from you." I smile at him. "Will you be my girlfriend and still come to the family dinner as my date?" We both chuckle. "Yes please." We walk back inside as if nothing had happened, holding hands and in love.

~
A/N: I haven't talked about it yet but SuperM's comeback is gooooood like it might be my favourite song of them
💚🌱