|Jeno|

Jeno
Word count: 1200
Racer au

Y/N's POV

I walked closely to Renjun, I didn't want to get lost in the big crowds. "Where are we actually going to?" I ask. "The best place to follow the race, obviously." He tells me. We finally came to a stop, at the roof. It has a view over the streets lit by the many lanterns and houses. "Here's the live stream, different angles of the whole racetrack." Renjun explains as we watch a big screen. "Ah Renjun, you're here. I see you brought a girl with you." The guy lifts his brows up and down.

"She's my cousin." Renjun says. "Oh sorry, hi I'm Haechan." The boy introduced. "Y/n." I simply say. "Wanna get some drinks?" Haechan asks Renjun. "Yeah sure, y/n you want something?" I shook my head. "Okay, we won't be gone for too long." He tells me before they both left me. I hear a loud roaming sound of a car, I get to the edge of the rooftop to look. It was a navy blue sports car, a true beauty I could say. Everyone on the street stepped aside as the car slowly passed and parked.

Who's car is that and who drives it? I want to know. "That's Lee Jeno, he's a newbie but an amazing driver and especially drifting. He might become the next racing king." I look next to me to see a brown haired boy. "And who are you?" I ask confused. "Mark, I saw you with Renjun and Haechan. You can trust me, I'm their friend too." He says with a chuckle. "Okay." I nod before looking at the car, the so called Jeno walks out. Dark hair, dark clothes with some chains and an incredibly sharp jawline. There's no words to describe this man correctly.

"Who's the boy with Jeno?" I ask as I see another guy walk out of the car. "Jaemin, his best friend. Some call them soulmates." Mark explains. "They're also part of our friend group so you might meet them later." Hearing that made me excited. Because of that shiny car that I'd love to see from close up, and also because they might be handsome guys I'm not gonna lie. "Mark, have you seen Jeno already?" A boy runs up to us. "Yeah he just arrived with Jaemin." Mark tells him. "Great because the race is starting soon."

"Oh by the way Chenle this is y/n, y/n Chenle." I wave awkwardly at the guy. "Hi nice to meet you." He smiles. "Y/n." Renjun got back. "I see you met most of the guys." I nod in response. "The race's gonna start soon!" I hear a voice excitedly cheer. "Jaemin, what took you so long?" Renjun asks. "Jisung got lost and I found him." He says as a taller guy followed him. "Oh hello there." Jaemin noticed me. "Jaemin this is y/n my cousin." Renjun says. "Y/n you like cars?" Jisung asks.

"Like? No I love them." I tell him. Jisung was surprise, all of them were. "Oh the race is starting!" Haechan exclaims. We watched the race carefully. "No no come on Jeno!" They were all cheering for him hoping he'd win but for so far he's losing. "Are you sure he'll win?" I ask Renjun. "Trust Jeno. He always does this." He tells me. "Guys. What is that?" Chenle points at one of the screens. Red and blue flashing lights. "Cops, we gotta go now." Mark says in a hurry. "Y/n stay with me." Renjun tells me.

"But wait, what about Jeno?" I ask. "He'll be fine." Jaemin says as we all run away getting to our cars. "Where are we going?" I ask Renjun. "Our Safe place, a hangout place. Don't worry." He tells me as we got in the car. Jaemin drove with us. We soon arrived at a house. "Is this it?" I ask as I watch the old building. "Don't judge a book by its cover." They tell me. We get out of the car and go inside. The other boys were already here except for Jeno. I sit on an one seater looking outside.

I get up when I see a car pull up. "He's here." All guys look at me. The door opens and Jeno walks in. "Did I miss something?" Jeno simply asks. "Renjun's cousin, y/n is here." Jeno looks at me and smiles "she's in love with your car." Mark giggles. "Oh is that so?" I shyly nod. "Want to take a look?" He ask me, I look at Renjun. "What? I'm not your mother just go." He tells me. I get up and follow Jeno to his car. "Can you drive?" He asks me. "Yeah but not like a racer."

"No problem, can I take you somewhere?" I frown and hesitate but eventually nod and got into the passenger seat. Jeno drives us to an empty parking lot. "You ever saw someone drifting?" I shook my head. "Hold tightly." I frown Not know what he's up to as Jeno suddenly starts driving on a fast pace. "Am I gonna die?" I thought but accidentally said it out loud. Jeno chuckles before turning serious again. He drifts, it send some tingling feeling through my body. When the car came to a stop he looks at me. "Wanna try?"

My eyes grew wide. "No thanks." I shook my head. "At least show me some of your driving skills. Then you can also drive with this beauty." He mentioned his car. "Can I drive with your car?" He nods. We quickly changed seats. "Woah it's so cool sitting here!" I changed the seat so I could reach the pedals. "You really trust me with your car?" I ask. "The more you say such things, the more I start to doubt my choice of letting you drive." We both laugh. I start the car. It gave me an adrenaline boost. "Dare to go faster?" He raised a brow.

"Faster? If I do so I can't turn anymore." I say. "Not if you don't drift." He says. "Jeno you listened to what I said? I'm not a racer and definitely not a drifter." I tell him again. "I can teach you." He tells me as we both stare at each other for a couple of seconds. "Uh... maybe another time. You know the guys have been waiting for us." I say as I unbuckle the seatbelt so we could switch places. "Wait. You drive us back." He tells me and placed his hand on mine.

My face turns red luckily it was dark and he couldn't see. "Y/n." I look back at Jeno. "It feels like we've known each other for so long, do you got that too?" He asks. "Maybe." I hear him giggle. "You're cute when you're shy." He tells me. "Cute? Shy? No I'm not." Jeno laughs before looking into my eyes and then at my lips. Is he going to kiss me. He leans closer before he stopped. "Sorry." He apologises. "No, kiss me." I say. His eyes widened before he smiles and leans closer to kiss me.

~
A/N: I keep seeing Jeno rocker and racer edits and honestly it'll suit him, maybe concept for the next comeback
💚🌱