Chapter Eighty Three

When the family was notified about our vacation plans, everyone quickly agreed that it was highly necessary given the occurrences. Even my family thought it was highly necessary, and so three days later, Arnav and I jetted off to the Maldives. 

Imagine my surprise when we arrived to a secluded island with a large bungalow seemingly floating in the water! We had passed by the other smaller bungalows to the resort, but wow! This place is huge!

But should I really be surprised? Especially given the honeymoon I had? Given the husband I have?

No, I guess not.

The water was everywhere you looked, no matter which window you went to, surrounding the large white bungalow. The pool in the back looked as if it went into the ocean, and I bet it would look amazing during the sunset.

Arnav came behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Will it do?"

"It's perfect," I sighed. "It feels like paradise."

"Good," and he placed a kiss on my head.

All of our stuff had been placed in our room, and the two of us remained alone. We unpacked and washed up, and by the time we were done, it was dinner time, so we ordered in some food. After dinner, we went straight to bed, though jet lag did affect us. We simply laid there, holding each other as we talked away. For the first time in so long, I felt relaxed. It was nice talking about other things and nothing in relation to Kinjal and that matter.

And it truly felt amazing.

For the first time in a long time, I got a good night's sleep, sleeping peacefully in the arms of my beloved husband. When morning came, Arnav did nothing but treasure me, picking me up and helping me get ready for the day, even dressing me up. I expected him to get a little naughty, but to my surprise, he did no such thing, simply removing my jammies and switching me into a crop top and denim shorts. We spent the day out on the beach, exploring the resort as well. When nightfall came, we headed back, changed up for bed, and went to sleep.

I know, it's bit surprising that nothing naughty has ensued, but I can understand why. The point of this vacation is to relax, especially after everything. And since we're here for two weeks, it gives us not only enough time to relax, but to engage in naughtiness as well.

Which we eventually did, and my, my, it felt as if my body had actually lit up in flames!

Two peaceful, blissful, passion-filled weeks went by, giving me the relaxation I deserved. Selfishly, I didn't want it to end. I wanted time to stop and just let us be, let the two of us stay here and relax, be intertwined with each other... but the trip had to come to its end.

Not to mention it was time to face the music once more.

It was evident that things hadn't really gone back to normal by the time we got back home. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I was the one who had gone away on vacation and cleared my head of everything from the past six months. The rest of the family hadn't done that, and rightfully so. It was all too much, how could I expect things to just go back to to normal?

Maybe with time... hopefully with time.

*~*

As the passing days turned into passing weeks, things got better, slowly. Arnav was reconnecting with his family, and I was reconnecting with mine. Amma tried reconnecting with her sister a little, but Kinjal had no interests. Raghav preferred it that way; he'd rather have Kinjal locked up in a tower until the end of her pregnancy, but of course he couldn't have that.

March came around, and it was my birthday. For the first time in months, there was nothing but joy filling up the room. Raghav had decided that he would host the event, given that he missed out on so many birthdays. At first, Arnav wasn't in agreement with him, but I helped him to understand, to which he finally conveyed. Raghav hosted my birthday celebrations at his place, and everyone in the family had attended.