Chapter Fifty

It's become more and more obvious to me that rich people sure love parties - and that too with a theme.

One of our business associates had decided to throw a "white party" inviting Arnav, Akash, and I to the party. Immediately I teased Akash, asking him if he would have a plus one. My poor devar only flustered and honestly it was just too cute. He clearly knew that I was implying Payal, but he was just too shy to give an answer.

Akash was rather interesting, to be very honest. He's very loving and cares about all of us, and he can be pretty shy. Yet the fact that he's also this flirt is very surprising.

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon and Arnav, Akash, NK, and I were all hanging out in the family room. Both Arnav and NK would not stop teasing Akash, and Akash was getting irritated.

"Hey you two, leave my devar alone," I said, placing down the tray in my hands that contained everyone's tea.

"Bhabi, you have no idea how big of a flirt Akash is," NK frowned as he took his tea.

"Shut up," Akash scowled, taking his tea.

Arnav smirked at the two, leaning back and letting his tea cool a bit. I sat down beside him, and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Oh? Do tell me," I smirked.

"Bhabi-"

"He's a really big flirt," NK interjected, pissing Akash off. "You know he got phone numbers from 8 different girls at your wedding alone?"

"So I've heard," I smirked and sipped on my tea.

Akash looked at me in confusion. "You know?"

"Through Payal."

Confusion turned into shock, and both Arnav and NK laughed, me pursing my lips to hold back my laughter; the poor guy's face though, it just couldn't be helped.

"Looks like she's slipped out of your hands," NK smirked.

Akash scowled at him and Arnav chuckled beside me.

"I'm sure one of the fifty phone numbers you've got saved will make up for it," Arnav smirked.

"Bhai!"

I nearly spit out my tea. "I'm sorry, fifty?"

"Or so," Arnav shrugged.

I gaped at Akash in shock but I couldn't help the grin on my face - this was honestly just too funny.

"What can I say Bhabi," NK shrugged, "my Akash Bhai is just that gorgeous - not as gorgeous as me though, of course."

Akash rolled his eyes while I chuckled.

"I do not have 50 girls' phone numbers, " Akash frowned.

"Bet? Gimme your phone," my husband said.

"What- no!"

"I rest my case," and he sat up and picked up his tea.

"I do not!"

I couldn't help my chuckle and placed my tea back down on the table. "Is that so? Well here's a good question - did you have phone numbers from 50 different girls on your phone?"

Akash looked away.

"Ah, bingo!"

"That's what I said," Arnav said.

"No, you said it as if he had 50 phone numbers now. I asked if he used to have 50 phone numbers."

"Isn't that the same thing," NK frowned.

"Nope; it looks like my devar got struck by cupid hard," I teased.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning Akash is really serious about Payal," Arnav smirked teasingly.

NK began to holler and I couldn't hold back my laughter, Arnav chuckling beside me, while poor Akash turned red from embarrassment.

"Shut up," he scowled, nudging NK.

"Akash Bhai is in loooovvveeeeee," NK sang.

"You know, I gave Payal my blessing already, so I don't understand why things haven't advanced yet," I said.

"Didn't you say you slid into her DMs?"

Akash didn't say anything.

"I could just call her up and ask her," I teased.

Akash's eyes widened slightly. "No-!"

He stopped himself from saying anything else and I arched my eyebrow, the other two Raizada men doing the same. His eyes darted from the three of us, and then he let out a sigh, looking down at the cup in his hands.

"It's just... I don't know," Akash said softly. "After the gala, she did respond but...."

"But," I pushed on.

"It... I don't know," and he let out another sigh. "We talk, and we're always messaging each other."

"So what's the issue?"

Akash glanced at me and then at his brothers. "They're right Bhabi - I've flirted with so many women, I've lost track. I don't know why I did it, but I did, and had multiple flings, never anything serious."

"Well, Payal isn't the type to have a fling, she can get pretty serious."

Akash looked up at me.

"She's only ever been in two relationships, ever, and she always gave it 110 percent. But as soon as she saw that they weren't that serious, it was over. If you're going to be with her, you have to give it your all. And if you give it even more, then that's even better."

"And I get that, I've understood that from her words. But.... I've never done that - I don't know if I can do that."

Arnav sat up beside me, placing his cup back on the table. "Do you want to?"

Akash's eyes slightly widened as he looked at his older brother. Arnav simply looked at him, his expression serious, yet sincere in a way. He definitely had a point with his question, so both NK and I looked at Akash in wonder too. Akash glanced at the three of us, looked down in thought, and then looked up at Arnav.

"I do," he finally said.

"Why," I asked.

His eyes met mine, my expression quite the same as my husband's.

"I... ever since I first met her at your wedding, I don't know.... She's different, and there's just something about her...."

I glanced at Arnav, and he glanced at me, a small smile covering our faces. He took my hand in his, giving it a small squeeze before looking back at his brother.

"I don't think I can explain it."

"And you don't have to," Arnav smiled softly.

Akash returned a humble smile as well.

"You have my blessing too, Akash," I smiled softly. "But if you end up hurting her, just know that she comes first no matter what."

Akash nodded and NK wrapped his arm around his shoulder, teasing him. The two began to fuss once more and I couldn't help but to laugh. Arnav joined in, the three brothers going at it, and honestly, I just reveled in it.

Moments like these, I cherished. The boys tend to get pretty busy, Arnav having NK join the office instead of him sitting around all day, so the boys didn't get too much time to hang out like that. But the moments they did, it was special. In fact when we all did, it was special. In those moments, bith Arnav and I forgot all of our problems, forgot about Kinjal, and just lived.

Watching the three now, it just brought joy, even though they were beginning to act half their age. But that didn't matter - what mattered was that things stayed this way; that our family stayed this way.

And I won't let that bitch Kinjal do anything to ruin it. Private investigators or not, whether they succeed or fail, I personally will go out of my way to make sure she never ruins this.

And I promise that.