Chapter Forty Two

Arnav had made the withdrawal from his account, and curently, that money was sitting right in front of me. All I could do was glare it down, Kinjal's face stamped into my mind, while Arnav notified her through text that he had her money and waited to know where to drop off the money.

I can't believe this, I can't believe she's actually winning! She's really getting her hands on this money, and for all we know, this whole thing could be a fucking scam! ...I need to find out the truth, I can't just sit around anymore. Arnav is just getting more and more damaged from this situation, and I refuse to let him get hurt by that child-molesting woman anymore!

Arnav's phone began to ring, snapping me out of my raging thoughts. Kinjal's voice filled the air, Arnav having put her on speakerphone as he always would when she called - that is, whenever I'm around.

I didn't want to do it, but I had checked Arnav's phone log history, and based on what I saw, the woman had reached out to him several times. Sometimes it was when we were at work, sometimes not, but Arnav never picked up her calls, always ignoring them. Curious, I had checked his voicemails and based on what I heard, it was clear that she had left messages before, but Arnav never cared to respond.

Remembering all of the vile things she had said in those messages brought back my rage once more as I shuddered with disgust.

I have to do something about her, I just have to!

"Will you cut the crap," I heard Arnav say. "Just tell me where to go to give you the money."

"Oh, well isn't Daddy so keen to see me - your wife isn't getting jealous, is she," and I could tell by her voice that she was smirking.

Oh you... ugh!!!

"Where," Arnav repeated, his voice stern.

"Oh fine," Kinjal huffed, "just ruin the mood, although you never would before. Bring the money to my house- my new house since you were so kind to just sell the old one without my knowledge-"

"Address."

"Hmm, very keen indeed.... it's 573 Covington Drive-"

Without another thought, I quickly picked up the bag and took his keys, and left the room silently, leaving Arnav in the poolside.

This bitch really thought she was going to get to see my husband again, yeah fucking right!!

"Khushi!"

Crap!

I had already made it out of the house, but I can't let Arnav stop me. I quickly dashed to his car and tossed the bag onto the passenger seat, and quickly sped off. I glanced in the rearview mirror, seeing Arnav come to a stop from his run as he just watched me leave.

I'm sorry Arnav, I really didn't have any other choice, I have to do this.

And to tell you the truth, I think it's about time I see my mother again.

*~*

Not surprisingly, it turned out that Kinjal lived in one of those rich neighborhoods with gated security, although I have to admit, I was curious as to why the woman needed such security. Then again, maybe she didn't and just wanted to live in these standards and get the benefits it gives.

After telling the security who I was here to see, told them my name and showed her my ID, she allowed for me to go through, and I continued to follow the GPS, until I had finally arrived. Stepping out of the car with the bag of money in hand, I took in the rather-grand house. It wasn't like Raizada mansion, but there had to be like 7-8 bedrooms in this place, tops.

Honestly, I'll never understand why rich people need such large houses when they live by themselves. Or in this case, why this manipulative schemer needed such a large home.

Alright Khushi, it's time.

Walking over to the door, I rang the doorbell. Moments passed until finally the door opened and, to not really my surprise, the woman simply stood there in a satin robe.

Seeing me, her grin instantly dropped. "Oh, its you," she sighed.

She glanced me up and down and saw the bag in my hand.

"So Arnav couldn't do it himself, hmm? Is it that hard for him to resist me, being so close to me?"

I scoffed. "If that were the case, it would say something on its own, wouldn't it? But no, he didn't send me."

Kinjal arched her eyebrow.

"I chose to come here alone."

"Oh? And why is that," she smirked.

I chose not to say anything, especially not when we were just out here for the neighborhood to see, not that anyone was out and about right now, but you never know.

"Alright then, come on in," and she went back into the house.

For a moment, I just stood there. It just dawned on me that I was alone and would be alone with her, in her home. I may not have a playing field advantage, but that was the least of my concerns. What did keep poking my mind was that this would be the first time I was alone and going to be spending time with the woman who brought me into the world. And yet how cruelly has fate played its game, making that woman the very woman who's trying to break my marriage.

It's now or never Khushi... game on!