Chapter Twenty

The sound of glass shattering echoed in the room. One after another, items were thrown and smashed to the floor out of rage.

"Dammit, how could you have been so sidetracked Kinjal, how?!"

Grabbing a vase, Kinjal threw it across the room, it smashing into tiny little pieces.

"How could I have let them get married?! How?!"

With a huff, she sat down in a chair and gripped onto it, her knuckles whitening.

"I can't lose him, not so easily!"

Her grip tightened on the chair.

"I had it all planned out! I was going to ruin that wedding! But instead...."

Grabbing the tumbler which held her whiskey, she threw it across the room, the tumbler shattering into small glass pieces.

"Everything was perfected! Until...."

Kinjal's grip loosened as her face slightly paled.

"Him... if it weren't for him...."

Kinjal gulped and grabbed the bottle of scotch, which sat on the table in front of her. She took a swig from it and slammed it down.

"Why now? Why is he here? Where did he come from?!"

Kinjal took another swig and placed the bottle down with another thud.

"No matter... the two may have gotten married, but I won't let go so easily, not when I've gotten my claws so deeply into him already."

An evil smirk grew on her face.

"You're mine Arnav. All mine."

*~*

It was true what they said about Cuba - it truly felt like you were stuck in a period of time. I couldn't believe that I was actually in Havana, surrounded by its wonderful people and rich history. As our driver drove us through the city, Arnav and I watched the sights around us.

"It's so beautiful here," I gushed. It really, truly is!

Arnav looked at me for a moment. "Not as beautiful as you," he said softly.

Oh my... Blush filled my cheeks and I looked away, while my inner girl shrieked and shrilled, throwing confetti in the air.

What can I say? It's the affect of love!

It wasn't long before we arrived to the docks, a boat waiting for the two of us. Di wasn't kidding when she said a boat would be taking us to the island.

Still, it must've been pricey, and I don't know how comfortable I feel about that.

Midnight had already passed when we arrived to what would be our home for a week. According to Arnav, it would just be the two of us on the island, no one else, except for the the two workers who would be coming in the morning to clean up the place and keep us stocked up on food.

Eep!

However I could not deny the sight in front of me. The house was grand and beautiful, the lights from within illuminating it, making it even more beautiful as it shined through the large windows and light curtains.

Arnav joined my side and looked at me. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," I replied, taking in the light breeze under the open, star lit sky.

Two workers emerged from the house and greeted us. They went to the boat and took our bags, taking them inside. It wasn't long before the two reemerged and left in the boat we had come in. Now we truly were alone on this island.