Chapter Fifty One

"I'm terrified."

Arnav looked at me in confusion. "Of?"

I turned around to him. "Of dropping a shrimp cocktail on me," I frowned, gesturing at my all white outfit.

It had taken me a moment to decide on what to wear, wandering back and forth in the dressing area. But as it was somewhat of a business event, I had decided to wear an all-white, sleeveless catsuit, slicking my hair back in a high ponytail.

"There's nothing to worry about," Arnav chuckled.

I frowned at him, looking over my outfit again, terrified that there was already something on it; possibly from my makeup even though I had worn my robe over my outfit in case for any reason makeup fell. To be honest, I usually avoid wearing white. Don't get me wrong, white stuff can be pretty beautiful, but once something gets on it, then its over. And for a clumsy one like me, it just wasn't a good idea.

Arnav came over to me, looking ever so handsome in his white shirt, white pants, and white waistcoat. Unlike me, he looked absolutely confident in his outfit.

"You'll be fine," he grinned, and he kissed my nose.

"Hmm, so you say. They should just hand me a bib-"

I stopped myself, my eyes slightly widening. Even Arnav's eyes had widened a little, and honestly, I hated these reactions we had. While normal couples blushed and teased over the topic of a baby, we were the complete opposite. Kinjal would just come straight to mind, and it only would enrage us.

"Not today," Arnav said softly.

My eyes met his and I could see the sincerity in his eyes. Stepping closer to him, I hugged him, careful not to smudge my makeup over his white clothes.

"Do you think they'll find anything," I asked softly.

"Hopefully. They said they should have something soon."

I loosened my hold slightly and looked up at him. "Let's just hope its legit and she hasn't gotten to them first."

Arnav pursed his lips and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

As always, the topic of that woman just had to pop up somehow, ruining good moments. It only increased my hate for her, and my desire for something horrible to happen to her increased. I know its horrible of me, and I know my Amma and Babuji raised me better than that...

But I can't help it.

A mood lifter was definitely necessary, and seeing Arnav's watch gave me the perfect opportunity. "Well someone's a rule breaker."

He frowned at me in confusion.

"Babe, that's black, and last I checked, it's a white party."

Arnav glanced at his watch and shrugged. "I could care less."

"They might kick you out," I teased.

"Let them try."

"Oh?"

Arnav smirked and brought his lips close to my ears. "That's not the only thing black I've got on."

I turned my head to him slightly, arching my eyebrow at him, my eyes darting from his eyes to his groin with a pointed look. Arnav's smirk only remained and I couldn't help my own grin.

"And if I'm not mistaken..."

My eyebrow arched once more as the tips of Arnav's fingers trailed up along my arm. They continued on to my shoulder and slipped under the strap of my catsuit, Arnav's fingers hooking onto the strap of my bra.