Chapter Eighty

By the time her highness was finally ready to go, we received a phone call from Buaji, saying how they were going home as they didn't feel it right for us to bring Kinjal to our home.

Perfect! At least her toxicity won't contaminate our home.

With everyone in the cars, we all headed off to Amma's. While Arnav and I were in one car together, Raghav and Kinjal were in another, security tagging along in their cars. Soon, we arrived to the home that I had known from childhood. For a moment I just gazed at it, memories flashing through my mind. There were so many happy ones - so many cherished ones.

And yet the last one....

I was brought out of my thoughts when Arnav wrapped his arm around me. His expression made it clear that he knew what I was thinking, and I laid my head on his shoulder. I hadn't really thought about coming back to this house, not after everything. Yet here we are....

"Shall we," Arnav asked softly.

"Let's go," I sighed softly, and we headed towards the house.

Raghav followed behind, Kinjal as well as security, followed as well. Arnav rang the bell and Buaji opened the door for us. Some of the security followed us in while the rest remained outside, watching the perimeter.

Amma was seated on the couch with Babuji, him holding her. As we came in, Payal was handing water to Amma, but she didn't care, and instead, Amma's eyes went darting to Kinjal's.

Lord knows what's about to happen.

"Kinjal?"

Amma stood up, Babuji following suit to support her. Arnav and I moved to the side to watch them, my eyes on Kinjal cause I was very curious to see her reaction. Much to my surprise, Kinjal actually looked shocked.

Amma moved forward, as did Kinjal. Babuji went to help Amma, but she pushed his hands away. Instead, she continued to move closer to Kinjal, Kinjal looking her up and down.

Kinjal let out a sigh. "Wow didi... this is the worst you've looked in years-"

Amma's hand went so quickly across Kinjal's face that all of us barely got the chance to see it move in the first place. All we heard was a slap! and Kinjal was holding onto her abused cheek.

"Amma-!"

"Kajol-!"

Amma held her hand up, silencing Babuji, Buaji, and I. Her face was full of anger - anger I had never ever seen from her, ever in my life - and I thought I had seen it the last time we were in this house. Amma quickly grabbed onto Kinjal's arm, forcing her to turn to her.

"What the hell have you become," Amma yelled. "What the hell have you become?!!"

Kinjal said nothing, still holding her abused cheek. Her eyes however, were as sharp as daggers.

"Who does something like this?! Who?! This-! I mean-! What have you become Kinnu?! Huh?! This isn't who my sister is, what-? Why-?"

Amma broke down into tears, her head bowing as she continued to hold onto Kinjal. Kinjal only remained silent, glaring away as she continued to hold her cheek.

"Why Kinnu? Why did you do all of this, why," Amma cried.

Seeing Amma be so distressed, especially because of Kinjal, I just really couldn't take it. I went over to her side and placed my hand on her shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. Amma looked up at me, her tears still flowing. Anger began to return in her eyes and she turned her attention back to Kinjal.

"How could you do this to her," Amma exclaimed. "How could you even try to do something so low? Something so disgusting to your own daughter?!"

Kinjal moved her hand away from her cheek and averted her gaze.