Chapter Four

Wow. Just simply, wow. This whole building is just beautiful. And the decorations! So high class! Meaning a boss that doesn't mess around.

Good.

I followed the lady's instructions from the front desk and went up to the 29th floor. There, I saw some other women. They looked at me as I signed my name in and then seated myself. There was a good 7 or 8 people here.

A woman came out, wearing a dark blue blouse and black pants. She looked about my age, maybe a year or two older.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Lavanya, the boss's PA. I will call you up one at a time and then take you into the room so he may interview you. Understood?"

We all nodded.

"Good. I'll start off with the first name."

One by one, a girl went in. We waited out here but I noticed every time those girls came out, they each had a look on their face. It was weird and I wonder if the boss is rude or something.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta," Lavanya called.

I got up. "Thats me, hi."

She nodded. "Follow me."

As she walked me in, the girl who went before me, Neha or whatever, was coming out, rolling her eyes, looking mad.

I stopped her and asked "is he that bad?"

She snorted. "Please. The jerk wouldn't even turn around his chair and face me," and she left.

Oh....

Lavanya led me into a room. It wasn't much, and there was a desk ahead with a chair facing the other way. Lavanya Left and I stood there awkwardly.

"Please be seated," the man's voice said.

Whoa dear.

I sat down and made sure I was sitting up and straight.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta. Age 24. Majored in accounting. Correct?"

"Yes Sir."

"Hmm.... I like what I see in your profile here," he said, holding a file up. "Recently graduated. Meaning fresh from college with full knowledge. Most of these people are probably a year or two older than you. But still that lacks knowledge. I don't want idiots..."

Whoa!

"... so you know what, I'm hiring you."

What?! "I'm sorry, what? Sir."

"You're hired. I'll let Lavanya know and she'll tell you what you need to know."

"Wow! Thank you so much Sir!"

"You may leave now."

Um... okay! I left the room and Lavanya smiled at me.

"Congratulation."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"So, Sir says you can start tomorrow if you'd like. Or you may start fresh next week."

"Um... tomorrows fine."

"Great. When you come in tomorrow, just ask Melissa, the girl at the front desk, for me and she'll tell you and then just come up and into my room. 'Kay?"

"Sure."

"Great. See you tomorrow then."

I nodded. "Thanks."

*~*

Buaji shrieked when I gave her the news. Amma and Babuji were happy as well and they threw me a small party. Babuji ordered a small cake and it was simply delicious!

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you Khushi," Amma said.

"Forgot to tell me what?"

"The day after tomorrow, we're going to another proposal."

I groaned. "Really Amma?"

"What," she said innocently. "This was planned from before."

"Ugh... fine!"

"And this time, it'll be better. I'm sure of it."

"Which means it won't be." I put my hands together. "Hai DM, raksha karna."

Amma hit my head. "Pagal."

Well, let's see how that goes. But for now, I'll focus on my first day.