Chapter Forty Three

Entering her home, I glanced around. It was pretty quiet inside, except for the TV running into the background. The house ran in a modern theme, blacks, whites, and metallics making up most of the home with a few splashes of color here and there.

Following the woman in, we went to the living room. She laid herself out on the big couch and I sat in one of the two armchairs opposite her. Honestly, she didn't have the slightest care. She had her arm draped along the pillow she was leaning on, her legs out for display.

Geez, thank goodness my mother raised me and not this woman.

Kinjal said nothing for a moment, looking me up and down. I just looked away, glancing around and capturing every detail I could, while keeping the bag of cash by my feet. There wasn't too much to look at but I noticed a portrait above the fireplace. It was a silhouette of a woman - who I'm assuming is her cause I mean come on; plus I've seen that other photo she sent to Arnav. Her back was on display, parts of it covered with her curly hair. Her head was slightly turned but you couldn't see her face. One hand was buried in her curls while the other was held out. As much as I hated to admit it, her body was toned and it looked banging! But after further inspection, it was evident that this photo was old and she was much younger in it.

"Stunning isn't it?"

I turned my attention back to the woman before me, who was looking at the portrait.

"Those were the days," she sighed. "At least I still look amazing," she smirked.

Seriously? I rolled my eyes and looked away.

Kinjal brought her gaze back on me but I didn't care to look at her. "You're quite the mix."

Huh? I looked back at her in confusion.

"Though I've never been good at it, looking at you, it wouldn't be so easy for someone to tell immediately that you're my daughter. You turned out to be quite the blend...."

I couldn't help but to arch my eyebrow. "Is this your attempt to make a connection with me," I scoffed.

"I'd have to care first in order to do that."

As hard as I tried not to, I felt hurt, a pang in my chest.

"I'm just saying," she smirked.

"Oh? I wonder if your brain works as bad as your eyes?"

"Meaning," she scowled.

"Do you even remember who you screwed when you made me?"

Kinjal scoffed. "Yeah right," she said with a roll of her eyes.

Honestly... this woman just... like honestly!

"You know it amazes me how you and Amma could even be sisters," I said, shaking my head in dismay.

"Believe me you, it amazes me as well," she said, running her hand through her hair with a stretch.

Believe her? As if! "I understand my reason, what's yours?"

Kinjal frowned at me. "I think its quite obvious."

She brought her hand over her tummy and I immediately felt disgusted.