Chapter Eight

I arrived to work nice and early. I sat at my desk and started my work. I worked away on my Mac when everyone stood up. I stood up as well and saw a man coming in.

"Good morning Sir," the other's said.

I quickly said good morning as well and the man nodded once as he walked past.

That's the boss?! But-

"Morning Khushi."

I turned and saw Lavanya. "Morning Lavanya."

"So how was the alliance thing?"

"Good, actually. For once," and we chuckled.

"Oh yeah, wanna come to a party," Lavanya asked.

"Party? What kind of party?"

"Its an annual thing that the company signs on with this other company and a party is thrown. It's just a whole staff thing, that's all."

"Um, how do I dress?"

"Sir prefers western when it comes to these things. But eastern's fine as well. It's on Friday."

"Um... okay. I'll just have to decide on my outfit then."

And then it occurred to me.

"Wait, you said that Sir looks scary, but he didn't seem so scary to me."

"I told you, it's the face. He looks okay, but he has a hot head."

"Really? But he looks so peaceful. And then when he smiled lightly-"

"Whoa what? He smiled?"

Lavanya's jaw had dropped. She looked like someone had just smacked her across the face out of nowhere.

"You're lying," she said.

"No I'm serious. He smiled lightly and- there he is," I pointed.

Lavanya turned and looked at the man I was pointing at. He was in a light olive colored button down and brown pants, and he had glasses.

Lavanya chuckled. "That's not Sir."

"What? But everyone greeted him."

"Well, yeah, I mean yes, that's Sir, but not Sir."

"What do you mean?"

"I should've known you meant him. I mean I was just in Sir's room. That guy you saw in the glasses is Sir's cousin brother, Akash Sir. He had gone away to Bangalore to check on the branch there. His job is to check on the branches and if there's a meeting Sir can't go to, then Akash Sir goes."

"Oh."

"Yeah. And Akash Sir is much nicer. He doesn't have a temper like Sir."

"Yikes."

"Mm hmm. And when Sir gets pissed, well-"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!"

Everything in the office went quiet. They all looked up at Sir's room, curious as to what was going on.

"Here we go," Lavanya whispered to me.

"This is your fucking work?! This is what you call work?! This is completely unprofessional! Get out! You're fired!"

In a few seconds, a guy came out and he was looking down. He walked past everyone and headed right out.

Poor guy. But did he mess up that bad? And the sound of that voice! It seems so....

Hmm....

"Well that's it, for a taste I guess," Lavanya said. She looked at everyone. "'Kay everyone, back to work." She looked at me. "Could you get me thirty copies of each of these," she asked, handing me five papers.

"Sure," I nodded, and I went to the copy room.

I made thirty copies of each and carried them in my hands. I went to Lavanya's room, but it was empty. She was nowhere to be seen, so I went to the reception desk and asked the receptionist if she saw her, but she didn't.

Great. Now what?

I decided to head back to my desk and would leave the papers there when I saw her. The papers were becoming a pain so I had to shift the way I was holding it. To think carrying 150 pieces of paper is work. Either that, or I must be weak.

I was shifting the papers around and trying to get a proper hold, not realizing someone was walking right ahead of me and I walked into them. The papers flew out of my hand and swiveled to the floor as I nearly tripped and fell. The person quickly caught me and got me up on my feet.

"What. The. Hell," the person growled.

My hair was all in my face because of this stupid jerk. I tossed it back and looked at the jerk. "Hey, what the hell yourself you j-"

My jaw dropped. No. Way. Looking back at me was a man, who looked not much older then me, brown eyed and no stubble. He was in a white button down, gray waistcoat and gray pants, wearing gray leather shoes.

Lavanya came running forward. "Oh my gosh! Sir, I'm so sorry! This is-"

"Khushi?"

I blinked, completely shocked with my eyes wide and eyebrows shot up through the roof. "Arnav?"

Lavanya looked at me with wide eyes as Arnav and I just looked at each other in shock.

This. Cannot. Be happening.