Chapter Nineteen

Wow this family knows a lot of people. From family friends, to business partners, it's no wonder they needed to host a second party for all of these people to meet me.

People after people I met, some very happy, others faking it.

Who cares. They're just jealous their daughter can't marry Arnav anymore, jealous bitches.

Boy, am I being overprotective or what?

It was getting hot, so I put my hair up in a loose bun, hoping to cool off. However I noticed some people starting to glance at me and I wondered what the issue was. I mean don't get me wrong, people have been giving me the look all day, but this felt different.

I noticed Arnav talking to a man and he glanced at me with a small smile. However the smile didn't stay for long and he excused himself, and made his way over to me.

Oh boy, I bet this is going to be about my back being on display.

I like this!

Arnav came to my side and glanced around at the guests. "Having fun?"

Hmm? "You could say that. It's getting kind of hot though with all of these guests and the buzzing."

"Hmm.... Well maybe you should put your hair down."

Really? "To feel even hotter?"

Arnav smirked lightly and I couldn't help the grin on my face. "No."

"Then to cover my back?"

"No, but yes as well."

I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"Normally I'm not one to care so much about what other people think, but when it comes to you, it's different."

My eyebrows automatically scrunched. "What do you mean?"

Arnav turned to me and tucked a tendril of hair behind my ear, which had escaped from my bun. The number of gasps I had heard - and most certainly Arnav had heard - weren't missed.

"Your neck."

"My neck? What about my n-?" Wait! He doesn't mean....

"Number three," he said, understanding what was going through my mind.

I automatically reached back and released my hair, covering my neck. "Hickey #3," I whispered.

Arnav looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry Khushi, I got carried away. I shouldn't have done that-"

"Don't. It'll make me think you regret it-"

"I don't. I just hate when these villain aunties speak too much crap."

"Villain aunties," I snorted.

"Yes," he grinned.

Both of us chuckled and more whispers hissed in the air.

"Well, look at you two..."

We turned and saw Di and Jeejaji.

"Looks like you're hitting it off," Di winked.

My cheeks filled with blush. I'm positive she noticed my hickey too.

"I have to agree Rani Saheba," Jeejaji agreed. "It seems like Saleh Saab can't control himself anymore."

Arnav looked away, not saying anything.

"How true," Di giggled. "How lucky for him that they're leaving for their honeymoon tonight."

Whoa, wait, what?

Di giggled. "Surprise! We wanted to send you guys away earlier this morning but because of the guests, we couldn't. But there's nothing to worry about, because you'll be there for a week."