Chapter Sixty Six

Arnav got back home pretty late that night, and he found his wife and father in-law in the living room, surrounded by darkness, as they watched a movie.

"Hey Arnav," Khushi smiled up at him.

Arnav smiled in return. It was nice to see his wife cuddled up next her father, her arm linked with his as they sat on the floor, surrounded by blankets. For a brief moment, he felt sorrow tinge within him - not just because of the relationship that was now in pieces between his wife and her babuji, but because the very thing Raghav had always wanted, was now in his life.

There was another reason why he felt sorrow within him as well, but he decided not to focus on that now - not until he knew the truth.

"You just gonna stand there all day son," Raghav asked.

Arnav's eyes slightly widened.

Did he just... he....

Raghav waved his hand. "Come on over, there's more than enough space and popcorn, much to my surprise."

Khushi frowned at him and Raghav messed with her hair, Khushi fussing. The sight made Arnav smile, bringing him out of his shock, somewhat. He went over to them and got comfy, removing his jacket and loosening his tie, his waistcoat undone. He sat down beside Khushi and she snuggled into him, laying her head on his shoulder, while her other hand remained clasped with her father's.

"You're just in time for movie number five," Khushi grinned.

"And what movie would that be," Arnav asked.

"Fast Five," both daughter and father replied.

"We've been doing our own marathon," Khushi beamed.

Arnav looked down at his wife. She looked so happy, it made him smile. He could see the happiness emulating off of his father in-law as well, and seeing the two in such a way, made Arnav happy as well.

"Son, why don't you go wash up while I put on the next one," Raghav said, moving to set up the next movie. "I'll have more food brought in, you must be hungry."

Arnav looked at the man in surprise once more. "Um... okay."

"Be quick," Khushi admonished.

Arnav nodded and made his way to the stairs. He briefly glanced back to look at the father-daughter duo. All seemed well, in fact, better than the way he had seen them in the morning.

Their relationship is getting better, he smiled softly to himself.

With that thought, he made his way upstairs and quickly washed up and changed as his wife had requested. When he came back downstairs, there was more food surrounding the father-daughter duo, surprising Arnav slightly.

"Okay, this is just too perfect Dad," Khushi beamed, rubbing her hands together. "I mean your cooks are just," and she kissed the tips of her fingers.

"Only the best in this household," he grinned.

Khushi scoffed lightly. "Honestly, you're just as bad as celebrities."

"Eh, I guess," the man shrugged, and the two chuckled.

Arnav sat back down at his wife's side. "This really does look great."

"Right! And ugh, those wings are crying out to me," and Khushi reached for a hot wing.

"Oh no you don't," Raghav said, quickly grabbing the platter containing the wings. "You've eaten a lot of junk."

"But Dad-"