Chapter Twenty Four

Are we really about to shower together? Eeepppppp!!!!

Arnav placed his hands at the hem of my shirt and looked at me. Again, it was clear that he was asking for permission and it looks like my suspicions are right.

Eep!

I raised my hands up above me, giving Arnav the confirmation he needed. His hands slipped beneath the shirt and he removed it, exposing my entire body to him.

Did I mention I had no underwear on? No? Well I have no underwear on, so yes, I am now completely naked before my husband.

Hai DM, give me strength!

The coldness from the marble spread through my body, causing me to shudder. Arnav placed his hand on my back and rubbed it up and down, giving me some warmth.

"Let me go get the shower ready," he said softly.

With a nod, he let go of me and toyed with the buttons of the shower, setting the temperature for the water. He placed his hand under the water to test it, and once he was okay with it, he turned back to me.

Shit, we're really about to shower together? Like really going to shower together, oh my gosh!

Arnav picked me up into his arms again and carried me over to the entrance of the shower.

"By the way," Arnav began as he set me down on my feet, "I was wondering if you wanted to head to the mainland for dinner?"

"Oh, um, sure."

"Great, I'll go get the boat ready."

Placing a kiss on top of my head, he turned to leave.

"Wait you're not showering with me?"

Did I really just say that out loud?! Khushi!!! Wtf?!!!

Arnav turned back to me and I couldn't meet his eyes, completely embarrassed.

Stupid, stupid, stupid girl! You have sex one time and you just automatically assume you're going to shower together? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Not wanting to embarrass myself any further, I stepped into the shower without another word.

I am such an idiot! Having sex one time does not automatically qualify you to do everything else! Ugh, why am I an idiot?!

The water was very welcoming on my burning-from-embarrassment body. I wrapped my arms around me to give me some comfort, still feeling rather stupid.

I. Am. An idiot. A complete. Idiot.

Warm hands wrapped around me, snapping me away from my inward scoldings and back to reality. Arnav buried his face in my hair and sighed, holding onto me.

Wait he... he's actually joining me?

Arnav said nothing and neither did I. He simply held onto me, relaxing into me. His body leaned against mine and my body was hyper-aware of his.

Especially of a certain thing.

Moments passed, the water simply cascading down on us, until finally Arnav turned me to him. He brushed away the wet hair that had clasped onto my face, and held me to him. But I was still embarrassed, so I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Khushi, look at me," he said softly.

After how I just embarrassed myself? Nope!

I shook my head.

He tried to meet my eyes but couldn't. "Please?"

My eyes automatically met his; it was just something in his voice that triggered me to meet his eyes. The moment they did, however, Arnav kissed me, surprising me.

Ugh, this is just perfect!

I melted in his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck as he held me by my waist. He let go first and placed his forehead against mine.

"I don't want to screw this up," he nearly whispered.

"You won't," I replied, my tone matching his.

Arnav pulled back and looked at me.

"Last night... last night was amazing," I blushed.

A small smile appeared on his lips and he kissed my heated cheek. "It was amazing for me as well."

Eeeeeppppp!!!!

I buried my face in his chest, smiling like an absolute idiot.

"Here, let me help you get cleaned," he said.

I loosened my hold on him and he reached over for the shampoo. Squirting some into his hand, he began to massage it into my hair and it felt so heavenly. I looked at him in awe as he worked away.

"Penny for your thoughts," he asked while still focusing on my hair.

"Nothing really just... this is all very new for me," I said softly.

His eyes briefly met mine before focusing on my hair once more. "It's new for me too."

Hearing that made me smile, but something began to poke the back of mind. I couldn't help but to think of the days before the wedding when Payal kept throwing many articles of Arnav at me.

"Look at this," Payal said, shoving a magazine in my face. "He left this hotel with some chick at like 4 AM."

"Payal are you trying to become my enemy or what," I scowled.

She pulled it away. "Absolutely not, I'm just advising you. Look, I get it, he's very handsome and clearly you two have fallen for each other but you still need to know the man you're going to spend the rest of your life with, including his past."

Taking hold of the magazine I looked down at it. It was an old issue, about a year or so old, the front cover showing Arnav and a woman, who was covering her face with her clutch.

"You need to talk to him about this. Heck, he needs to talk to you about this."

"I know."

I peeked up at Arnav as he rinsed the shampoo out of my hair. As far as things went for us, everything was okay. Payal is right, and I should totally ask him about his past relationships, but for some reason, I was afraid. I mean I had already told him before that I had never been in a relationship before. When I had seen him the first time, I knew he must've had a few exes here and there, I mean look at him. On top of that, he's a hot shot CEO so I'm sure a number of girls threw themselves at him, it's not surprising at all. And the gossip columns and magazines only pushed that fact further.

Should I ask him about it during dinner?

Sigh... I have to one day or another... I may as well get it out of the way.