Chapter Thirty

With dinner complete, Arnav dropped Buaji home, even though she continuously insisted she could make it home alone. But my husband being the way he is didn't listen to a single word she said, took her in his car, and drove her home. It didn't even take her long to text me and tell me that my husband was something else and I totally agree.

But there were other things on my mind. Having told Buaji about our revelations, the thoughts still stuck to mind. It is interesting how these two negative occurrences happened around the same time of our lives. And thinking about it more now, Buaji's right - my thought of my birth mother possibly being that woman just wasn't possible; I mean crossing the Atlantic isn't like crossing the street. So when I was 18 and my family had hired the private investigator, Arnav would've been about 22, meaning he would've already been involved with her for about six years. But the PI jad said my birth mother had been living in Miami for years, so Buaji's right - it just isn't possible.

Ugh, I hate those two, I hate them with a passion! They both can go to-!

"Someone's a little heated."

Snapping out of my thoughts, I turned around to see Arnav. "Oh, when did you return?"

"Just now," and he shut the doors behind him.

Arnav came over to me, sitting beside me in bed. I had already changed into my nightwear, but simply couldn't fall asleep not just because of these thoughts, but because Arnav wasn't home yet.

"Care to explain why have such an angry expression covering your sweet face," he asked.

I shook my head, unable to help my small smile at his comment. "It's nothing, just... anyways, Buaji didn't say anything stupid did she?"

"No, just a few small things, that's all."

"A few small things? Like what?"

"Nothing just... anyways, are you going to stop avoiding what I asked of you?"

Seriously? "Ha, ha, not funny. Now answer me."

"Only if you'll answer my question first."

"But I asked first."

"Did not."

"Did too."

I totally did not, but this will hopefully distract him.

Arnav sighed, leaning back and crossing his arms. "Why won't you just tell me what's bothering you Khushi? I thought we were going to be honest with each other."

"I...." Damn it!

I huddled underneath the covers, bringing my knees closer to me. Arnav placed his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. Neither of us said anything for a moment, silence surrounding us.

"I don't like her," I finally muttered.

"Who?"

"That... that... that child molester!"

I pulled away from him, wrapping my arms around myself. From the corner of my eyes, I could see that Arnav was shocked by my tiny outburst, but he quickly recovered and reached out for my hand, taking it in his.

"What she did to you... to just go up to you and take advantage of you... its just disgusting! She's as horrible- no! She's more horrible than the woman who gave birth to me."

When Arnav didn't say anything, I turned to him. He was simply looking down with no expression on his face. But even if he wasn't displaying anything, I knew that he was really feeling something.