Chapter Forty Seven

Well a party was a definite mood lifter, but given the situation, it was also kind of hard to enjoy. Arnav and I had been invited to a fashion show, Lavanya and Aman coming along with us. We took note of the things the brand had done, comparing it our recent lines. After the show was the after party, and people buzzed around the room, music thumping around. I could see that Lavanya was having a good time with Aman, which was good. Arnav and I were in conversation with a client, but to be honest, my mind really couldn't focus on work.

How the hell are we supposed to figure out who Kinjal's baby daddy is? Is Kinjal even really pregnant? It's too bad I wasn't able to figure it out that day, I mean it's not like I wanna see what was under that robe, yuck!

Arnav's conversation with the client ended and he turned his attention to me. "You okay?"

"Um, yeah, I just need a drink."

"Sure. Any preference?"

"Vodka."

Arnav's eyebrows shot up. "Excuse me," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes with a grin. "I'm kidding, I've never even tried it."

"Hmm," but the grin remained on his face.

"Surprise me," I smiled.

"Okay," and he kissed my cheek then headed to the bar.

I glanced around the room, taking in the sight of all the people around me. There were models, celebrities, businessmen - all types of people at this thing. It's not as surprising as it used to be when I first started going to these things, but still, it sure was amazing. It still amazes me now and then how I went from an ordinary woman, to having celebs on my contacts list. And the fact that I'm being invited to weddings, parties, gatherings, etc, still blew my mind.

I continued to look around, when my eyes caught sight of Mr. Raghav Malhotra. He was busy talking to someone, a drink in his hand."

Well no wonder this guy seemed familiar, he comes to these party type of things, he's in the business and well known.

The man that he was talking to went away, and unable to help myself, I went over to him. He was sipping away at his drink when I reached him.

"Good evening Mr. Malhota," I smiled at him softly.

The man glanced down at me before turning his chin away, taking another sip of his drink. "Come to take another dig at me?"

I sucked in on my cheek, remembering our last encounter. "I'm sorry, Mr. Malhotra, I know overstepped things."

He looked back down at me, eyeing me briefly. "Well at least you're not like your husband."

I looked at him in confusion.

"You know when to admit that you crossed the limit."

Um....

I glanced away, feeling a bit awkward. I really didn't know what to say after that, but was thankfully saved when a man in a black suit with sunglasses and an earpiece came forward. It was the dead of night, but obviously this man was someone from Mr. Malhotra's security team, so it explained the look. He whispered something into Mr. Malhotra's ear and I looked at the two curiously.

Mr. Malhotra clenched his jaw and turned to the man. "You're sure?"

The man in black simply nodded.

Mr. Malhotra nodded once and the man in black walked away. He muttered a few things to himself but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

I opened my mouth to say something, when Arnav came over.