Chapter Five

When I arrived to work, I asked Melissa for Lavanya. She told me to go to the 33rd floor. When I arrived to the floor there was another reception desk and I asked for Lavanya. The woman stood up and and led me to a room where Lavanya was seated at behind the desk.

"Hi Khushi," she smiled.

The woman left.

"Hi," I smiled.

"So are you ready for your first day?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Great."

We walked out and she led me to a big room. There were a bunch of desks with people working there. There was an empty desk and we walked towards it.

"This will be your desk," Lavanya said. "You'll do all your work here."

"Okay."

"If you need anything or have any questions, just tell me."

"Well, I do have one question."

"Hmm?"

"Whose up there," I asked, pointing at room that went up some stairs surrounded by glass walls."

"That's our boss's room."

"Is he really that... cold?"

"Yeah. No one dares to mess with him. And he can get pretty furious sometimes."

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah. That bad."

"Is he here yet?"

"No. But he will be."

"Hmm. Haven't seen him yet."

"Well, you'd be surprised when you see him. He's really hot, but he's very hard to get through."

"Dayum."

"You bet. Oh yeah, so to get you started, let me take you to the file room."

I followed her to a room and listened to everything she had to say. When we got back, we saw everyone sitting back down.

"Why were you up," Lavanya asked one of them. "Did Sir arrive?"

"Yeah. And he doesn't really seem to be in the mood."

Lavanya sighed. "Okay." She looked at me. "You better get to work."

"No problem."

*~*

Once I had managed to get things going, it was a breeze. The morning went and then it was time for lunch. I headed to the staff lounge and got a cup of coffee.

"How are you holding up," Lavanya asked when she joined me.

"Great. Though it's a lot," I chuckled.

"Yeah. Wanna go out and get something from the deli?"

"Sure."

We went out and went to the deli across the sweet. We each got subs and went back to the lounge. We spoke and ate and it turns out Lavanya is 26 and wants to be a fashion designer. She's been working here three years also and hopes that someday her luck will change.

"Well I wish you the best of luck," I said.

"Thanks. And I wish you the best working here."

"Thanks."

We got up and went back to our work. The receptionist came towards us.

"Ma'am," she said to Lavanya, "Sir has left."

"What? Why," Lavanya asked.

"I don't know. He said he had to go home and he didn't look so happy."

"As if he ever is," she said below her breath.

But we heard and the receptionist hmm-d.

"Okay. Fine. You go back to your work," Lavanya said.

"Okay."

When she left I nudged Lavanya. "Wow. You have some control."

"Only because I'm his personal assistant."

"Could you be more," I teased.

"As if. And no way! I'm taken."

I gasped. "Who is he?"

Lavanya turned and scanned the room. "Him," she said, pointing at a guy.

He was wearing a light blue button down and black pants. He looked up at us and nodded his head. Lavanya waved back at him and he smiled.

"Thats him," I asked.

"Yup," she smiled.

"What's his name?"

"Aman. He's another one of Sir's personal assistants. Though he's higher than me."

"'Higher?'"

"Whenever Sir needs something, be it at home or work, he usually calls up Aman and has him do the work. I do some but that's only when he's here."

"Oh. Wow."

"Aman's just so cute!"

"You're lucky you have a boyfriend at least."

"What do you mean? Do you have a boyfriend?"

I shook my head.

"Did you guys break up?"

"I've never had a boyfriend."

Lavanya gasped. "What?! As in never ever?!"

I shook my head, embarrassed.

"Oh, poor you."

"Yeah... and now my parents are trying to get me married."

"What?"

I told her the whole story and Lavanya hmm-d.

"Well, best of luck on finding your Mr. Perfect," Lavanya said.

"Thanks," I smiled humbly.