Chapter Thirty Four

As the auction took place, I couldn't help but to gaze at Arnav. He sat in between me and Amma, the two talking away. I caught sight of Babuji and he smiled at me. It was clear that Babuji was very proud, and very happy to have found a son in his son in-law, and I couldn't be any happier for him.

"Well titalya..."

I turned my attention to Buaji, who sat beside me.

"It looks like you've definitely found a gem for yourself," she smiled.

I looked back at Arnav and Amma. "No buaji, it was Amma that found him for me. I just got super lucky that my mother was able to find a gem like him."

At that moment, Arnav looked at me and I smiled. He smiled back at me as well, before returning back to his conversation, which now Babuji was a part of.

"I think it's safe to say I can leave my sanka Devi in good hands."

Wait what? "Leave? You're going away again?"

Buaji nodded. "I think it's time titalya."

"But why? You just came back-"

"Now, now, Khushi, you know it has been quite some time."

I looked down at my lap. Buaji reached out and caressed my cheek, lifting it up so that I would look at her.

"We've come a long way since I came back. Why when I came back, you were still single and meeting a bunch of losers, and look at you now! My sanka devi is married and happy, and it's more than I could ask for."

"But why do you have to leave?"

Buaji sighed. "You know why Khushi," she said softly. "But you know that I always come back to you, no matter what."

I immediately hugged Buaji. "I'm gonna miss you so much," I nearly whispered.

"Me too. I love you titalya."

"I love you too."

When I pulled back, I saw that Arnav, Amma, and Babuji were looking at us.

"I'm assuming Jiji has told you she's leaving," Babuji said.

Both of us nodded.

"Where will you go," Arnav asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll be fine."

"What? But Buaji, you can't just leave like that."

"Oh my dear boy, I've always done this, for many years now."

"That may be, but I'm not letting you just wander around with nowhere to stay. I'm covering that for you and making sure you have a place to stay."

"But babwa-"

"But nothing Buaji. If you want to go somewhere, that's fine, but I will take care of everything else and I won't hear another word."

Buaji opened her mouth, but she was too stunned for words.

"Your niece has rubbed off on me Buaji, I can be very stubborn too," he grinned.

"I can see that," she chuckled. "Oh alright, I can tell I'm not going to win on this matter, so fine."

Arnav grinned and I couldn't help my smile.

I love this man so much!

*~*

The auctions had completed, and we had raised over 15 million dollars for the charity. I really couldn't believe my own ears at the value, but given all of the items that were auctioned, especially the antiques and how these people just casually bid millions of dollars, it helped for the shock to pass.