Chapter Thirteen

I felt him before he was even near us. I don't know why, but I simply did, which was just plain weird!

"Di. Jeejaji."

Why is he being so formal?

"Quit being so formal around your future wife," Anjali said.

Oh!

"We're you're family, not your employees that you need to be in boss mode in front of your employee."

I glanced up at him and he glanced at me.

"Go ahead, keep stealing glances at each other," Anjali grinned.

Both of us looked away and blush filled my cheeks. Holy crap, what is going on with me?

"How cute are they," Anjali gushed. "They look so perfect together, right Rohan?"

"They most certainly are," he agreed. "Now stop embarrassing them."

Anjali gaped at her husband. "I am not," she defended, but he only frowned at her, crossing his arms.

"You know he's right," Arnav said.

"Hey, you're my brother," Anjali pouted.

Arnav chuckled and my heart fluttered. Oh my....

"Come on Rani Saheba, let's give the two some privacy."

"But- oh alright, I guess the two deserve a moment." Anjali turned away with her husband. "Have fun you two."

Truth be told, I wanted to hold them down because I had no idea what to say to him, nor how to actually manage my legs from collapsing beneath me. They had turned to jelly and I felt wobbly.

Arnav and I glanced at each other and around the room, not saying any words. A waitress came by and and offered us drinks. While Arnav went with the alcoholic drink, I took a soda.

"You don't drink," he asked when the waitress left.

I shook my head. "No. I don't see the hype in it."

Arnav nodded. "I guess. But that's not the only reason why people drink."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What reasons are there for people to drink?"

Arnav shrugged nonchalantly. "For a good time. Sometimes for no reason."

Hmm. I shrugged with a nod.

The room had filled up with more guests and with buzzing, talk buzzing around in the air.

"Do you want to get away from here?"

My eyes shot up to his. Hot stuff say wah?

It took a brief moment to let his words go through my ears and get to my brain, understand it, then bring a response to my lips. "Um... sure."

Why did I agree?

Arnav led the way and I followed behind. We slipped through the guests, him saying hi to several people who had noticed him, and abandoned our empty glasses on an empty tray. Eventually we arrived to a poolside, away from the rest of the guests. There was a wonderful view of the full moon and of the many shining stars above. With the brightness of the moonlight, the area was well lit, the light reflecting into the pool.

Arnav stood beside me and I couldn't help but to think of the night of the party. Some things still just didn't make sense and I was still confused.

"You're still confused, aren't you?"

My eyes widened and I looked away as I blushed hard.

"I can clear it up for you, if you'd like."