Chapter Twenty Seven

When we arrived back to the island, we headed straight to the kitchen. There were a few tubs of ice cream in the fridge and while I went with chocolate chip cookie dough, Arnav grabbed the cookies and cream. We decided to sit out in the back, by the pool. Personally I didn't see the reason why a pool was necessary when you had your own beach for yourself, but eh, whatever.

I glanced over at Arnav, who was clearly enjoying his ice cream. "Cookies and cream huh?"

Arnav looked at me, glancing down at my tub of ice cream before looking back at me. "Chocolate chip cookie dough... interesting."

"Oh? Why is that," I chuckled.

"Since you chose this flavor, I'm assuming it's your favorite?"

I nodded.

"I'm surprised its not just plain vanilla or chocolate."

"Can I be honest?"

"Always."

"Um... I hate chocolate flavored ice cream."

Don't judge me, don't troll me, this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I Khushi Singh Raizada - Singh Raizada!! - HATE chocolate ice cream. Bite me!

"Can I be honest too?"

"Always," I smiled.

"I hate chocolate ice cream too," he admitted.

Yes! Ha! I'm not the only one! In your face society! Don't come for us! Hah!

"I don't think its safe to say that out loud," Arnav chuckled. "Last time I said that, Di hit me."

"Oh my gosh, she hit you," I laughed.

"It's her favorite, but Di's crazy and what not so," and he rolled his eyes with a shrug.

Arnav took another spoonful of ice cream and looked out at the beach. Since his confession, he seems to be a bit more... loose. Like revealing his biggest secret had eased him and relaxed him, and he was much more comfortable now.

He's even smiling a bit more... and he looks so cute.

Arnav scooped up some ice cream with his spoon. "You're staring."

Oops.

Blush filled my cheeks as I quickly looked down at my tub of ice cream. But when Arnav took hold of my hand, my eyes met his. He was smiling at me softly, melting my heart.

Ugh, he can be so cute sometimes!

And for some reason, a desire grew within me. Yes, I did just have ice cream for desert but now...

I wanted him.

I know, I know! You must think I'm crazy and again I'm getting ahead of myself, just like with the shower thing earlier in the day but dammit I wanted to be intimate with my husband again! And I don't think that's a crime at all so there :P

"I think that's enough ice cream for one night," Arnav said, placing the lid of his ice cream back on. "You?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I nodded, resealing my ice cream as well. Arnav took my ice cream and spoon, taking it to the kitchen to put away and wash. I went back into the bedroom, and as much as I wanted to change into my jammies and get comfy, there were other things on my mind.

I mean I'm standing at the foot of the bed and all I can think of is the night before. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he had taken care of me and how gentle he was with me; knowing all to well that he was, er, experienced, and was yet very gentle, not rushing me, was a nice feeling. Maybe someday I'll get on that experienced level - is that even a thing? - but for now-