Chapter Ten

I couldn't decide on what to wear. My options were either my black mini-dress or one of the clothes I haven't worn that Amma had bought.

"Amma, what do I wear," I asked.

"Don't ask what you're going to wear because I bought you a bunch of cholis for you so don't you dare think of asking what to wear!"

Okay, jeez, who pulled on your hair?

Amma sighed. "Sorry, I'm just worked up about tomorrow?"

Oh? "But why?"

"Well, I really like that family, and the boy..."

Maybe now's the time I mention he's my boss?

"... so I'm hoping for things to go well."

I nodded understandingly. "I guess."

She sighed. "Go get ready, hmm?"

I nodded and left to my room. I brought out all the packets filled with cholis. One caught my eyes and I decided to go with it. The choli was green, only being the size of up to where my bra goes up to, the back being bare. The sleeves were made of a net-like material and were also green. The skirt was a mix of red and orange. The decor was just simply amazing and I knew that this was what I would have to wear!

Quickly washing up and doing my business in the bathroom, I came out, drying my face with my towel. I quickly did my makeup and hair and then wore my choli. I learned that doing your makeup first is a better thing. That way you won't end up messing up your outfit.

Words from experience =D

I decided to let my hair flow, and since my hair is really long, and I mean really long because it goes past my waist, it could act like a cover-up. I grabbed the dupatta and placed it on my left shoulder and left.

Lavanya said that she would pick me up so I texted her saying that I was ready. She said that she was on her way and in two minutes, she arrived. Introducing her quickly to my family, we left.

"You look hot," Lavanya said.

"Thanks. You too!"

She chuckled. "You think you should wear something that short? Especially...."

I had told Lavanya everything over the phone yesterday, cause I knew one day or the other she would know, so I just told her.

"I don't care," I said. "Plus, you said it yourself that he's only there for a short while."

"Yeah, but still."

I sighed. "I don't know! I didn't think of that! Crap!"

"Don't beat yourself."

Lavanya pulled up to the party hall. She parked and we came out and gave our names at the front. Walking in, I was amazed by how big the hall was. A waiter came up to us with drinks, and I passed the alcohol and took a glass of Pepsi.

"You don't drink," Lavanya asked as she sipped her champagne.

"Nope," and I drank my Pepsi.

We looked around here and there and we spoke to people here and there. All of a sudden there was some shouting at the front and I turned to look.

"Why are they yelling," I asked.

"Cause ASR just arrived."

Damn.

There were photographers and reporters going crazy and in came Mr. Stunningly-Gorgeous. He was a snapping black suit, looking jaw-dropping sexy! Ooh, someone hold me!

Get a hold of yourself Khushi! That's your boss!

He passed by us, though we were standing behind some people so he wouldn't have noticed us. Arnav went to the front and shook hands with some guy and got endorsed into a conversation.

My goodness, he looks amazing! If I were to marry him, I'd show him off and brag about him being my husband. You know what, actually, I wouldn't. I would let people find out on their own so that they'd get extremely jealous. Or maybe-

Cut it out Khushi! That's your boss!

Ugh! What to do?!

Music began to play and Lavanya nudged me.

"Wanna dance," Lavanya asked,

"I dunno...."

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

"I know but... I mean let there be a few more people and then we'll go in."

"'Kay."

A few more people went in and then Lavanya and I joined in. We danced, though I felt a bit awkward at first. See, I feel okay dancing at like friends' parties but these kinda things? Or even family/social events? Not really.

As the songs went, I began to feel comfortable and swayed away, dancing to the beat. Lavanya and I were having loads of fun when I felt like someone was looking at me. Like you know how you get that conscious feeling on your back when someone is looking at you? That's what I'm feeling.

I casually turned as I danced and saw Arnav looking at me. Shit! I quickly turned away and looked at Lavanya wide eyed. She scrunched her eyebrows and I gestured his way. Lavanya didn't get it at first, but I did it again, and then she realized.

But instead of trying to help me or anything, she smirked! Oh this chick is gonna get it! First him, and now- shit! I just realized that my thing is backless! Crap!

=/

Why me?