Chapter Fifteen

Dhakdhakdhakdhakdhakdhakdhakdhakdhak!

I swear, I think I just might die!

After Anjali, or should I say Di, told everyone to speed up the date of the wedding, everyone had gotten curious. She didn't exactly "out" us, but she said that there were "hot sparks" between Arnav and I. Could that be any bit more embarrassing?

Both families decided that it was a good idea, especially Buaji and Di. So the dates were set for each event and ever since we had left Raizada mansion, my heart has been acting up like this.

Help me! If my heart continues to do this, I will most likely die before the wedding!

But then again, I understand why my heart is doing this.

"There's just something about you... I can't seem to control myself."

He's right - there's just something about him that makes me... gosh it's hard to explain. Especially since I can't understand it myself.

Is this love? Like in all of the romantic movies, when they show the girl walking along the beach and twirling in the park, lost in thought all of the time? I seem to be in that position a lot these days. Take for example the other day - Buaji was talking away but I didn't hear a single word she said because my mind was stuck on Arnav. Babuji was teaching me a recipe and yet, I could only think of Arnav. Amma was teaching me crochet, and even then my mind was on Arnav.

Arnav, Arnav, Arnav - nothing but Arnav.

And I absolutely loved it!

I wonder - does he think of me that way too?

Hiccup!

"Oh? Looks like someone is thinking of you," Buaji grinned.

Hiccup!!

"I wonder who?"

I hiccuped and frowned at her. "That's not real."

"Sure it is," Amma piped in, placing her tea down. "Watch."

I glance side to side, then hiccuped. "See!"

"That's because I haven't said any names yet. Kabir."

Hiccup!

"Payal," Buaji tried.

Hiccup!

"Garima!"

Hiccup! Hiccup! Hiccup!

"Wow, I was sure it was one of them," Amma frowned.

"It's probably you," I hiccuped.

"Oh no dear, it's not me, I'm right here."

"It's not me either," Buaji frowned. "Though I wonder..."

"Wonder-" Hiccup! "What?"

A ghost of a smile appeared on her lips. "Arnav."

"Oh that's just absurd!"

"Is it," Amma questioned.

"Yes it is! Just because we're getting married, doesn't mean he's thinking of me. I mean we don't even know each other like that, mostly as employer and employee. Besides-"

"Gee, that's a lot of words you just said. That too without a single hiccup."

I frowned and thought about it. There wasn't a sound and not a single hiccup hiccuped. Which means.... "I'm cured?"

"Indeed you are."

My eyes widened at the thought. "Arnav was thinking of me?"

Buaji smirked. "And you said you were just employer and employee. Though I'd have to disagree, especially after the hic-"