Chapter Seventy Six

Arnav laid sleeping in my arms, and I couldn't get myself to let him go. After seeing the way he had poured his heart out, I knew he needed the support the same way he had given it to me when I had poured my own heart out. When he was done crying, I had given him some water, and then we both freshened up, and went to bed. While Arnav was easily able to fade into sleep, I had difficulty. My mind could only focus on Dad and I couldn't stop thinking about what was going on between him and Kinjal.

Please stay strong Dad....

Several hours passed by, when I felt Arnav stir. I looked down at him as he continued to stir, slowly opening his eyes before looking up at me.

"Hey," he said, his voice slightly gruff.

"Sleep well," I asked softly.

He nodded, closing his eyes for a moment as he nuzzled me. Arnav then looked back up at me.

"You didn't rest at all," he stated.

There was no point in denying it, I'm sure my face says it all.

"I'm just worried about Dad."

Arnav opened his mouth to speak, when there was a knock at the door.

"Arnav bhaiya? Khushi bhabi," we heard Hari Prakash call out. "Someone is here to see you. I was told it's your father, bhabi."

Arnav and I looked at each other. Babuji was already here with Amma. And given Amma's expression earlier, I'm sure they hadn't left, not without having trying to have said something to me. Which could only mean....

"Dad," I breathed.

"We'll be down soon," Arnav called out.

Both of us got out of bed and quickly washed up, then headed downstairs. Neither of us cared to switch out of our PJs, rushing downstairs. We saw our families all huddled together in the main hall, Dad standing before all of them.

"Dad!"

Everyone turned to us and watched me as I quickly dashed over to him and hugged him. Raghav wrapped his arms around me, resting his cheek on my head as he held me protectively.

I pulled back first. "Where have you been? We haven't heard from you in days! I was so worried-!"

"Hush, bunny," he calmed. "I'm okay."

I looked him up and down for a moment. "What happened?"

Arnav came over to us. "I think it's best if we spoke in private."

Remembering everyone else being in the room with us, I nodded. Arnav gestured to follow him and I caught Dad glancing at everyone before agreeing to follow Arnav. I kept my arm linked with Dad, glancing at everyone as we walked. While Arnav's family mainly just looked at Dad in wonder, my family looked like they didn't know what to think, their minds in a jumble. But I didn't care, and we led Dad upstairs.

We cut through the poolside, Dad glancing around.

"Your home is so serene and peaceful," Dad complimented.

Well, it sure is different than Dad's modern-styled home.

"Thanks," Arnav said.

We all sat down at the poolside. Moments later, Hari Prakash and Om Prakash appeared with food and drinks, setting it down on the table, then left.

When they were out of earshot, I turned to Dad. "Where have you been?"

Raghav rubbed his hands together, looking at them. "At home, mostly... and Kinjal has been there with me."