Chapter Forty One

I can do this, I can do this, I know I can do this!

Geez, I'm a bundle of nerves! Maybe this isn't such a good idea? But I really have no choice, especially since I'm walking into the conference room right now!

Entering the room, my eyes immediately landed on Mr. Raghav Malhotra, who was sitting down with his legs crossed. The man was claiming power, that much I knew for sure.

Alright Khushi, you can do this! "Good afternoon Mr. Malhotra."

Mr. Malhotra turned in his chair and looked at me, and I don't know why, but for some reason, I thought that I had seen this man somewhere else before. Then again, after the number of galas and events we've been to, I probably have seen this man, but just can't remember and now I'm nervous as fuck!

I walked over to him and held my hand out to him. "Hi, I'm Khushi Singh Raizada."

"Arnav's wife," he said as he shook my hand.

"Um, yes," and I could feel my cheeks slightly heating, why exactly, I don't know. "He got caught up in his previous meeting I'm afraid, so I'm filling in for him."

Mr. Malhotra nodded and gestured for me to sit, and so I did. We got right down to business and things began to feel a little easy for me, but this man just wouldn't budge.

"I've told your husband this many times before, I'm not selling my company."

"You'd still be part owner-"

"I don't care."

Um, rude much? "Mr. Malhotra, forgive me but... based on the numbers I have here, your company's profits have only been going lower and lower. If AR steps in, we can help you to change that trend, and we're not saying to fully give up the company-"

"No, but I wouldn't have the majority shares."

"I-"

"This company has been in my family for years, so if your hotshot husband thinks that he can just swoop in and take it from me," and he scoffed, looking away.

Oh geez, I don't want to have to do this but... ugh I hate this! "With all due respect Mr. Malhotra, but I see here that you're not married..."

Mr. Malhotra arched his eyebrow.

"...and that you have no children..."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth, Mr. Malhotra's eyes slightly widened before he looked away.

"...so if something were to happen to you-"

"That's my business. What I do and who I will give my company over to is my business."

He stood up and I stood up as well.

"Good day to you," and he put his sunglasses on and left the room.

"But- dammit," I grumbled.

I plopped right back down in my seat and let out a sigh. Business can be such a dirty game, honestly - like other things.

I just hope Arnav won't be mad that I couldn't get this guy to agree.

*~*

"Well it wouldn't be the first time he turned the offer down."

Arnav and I were both home now, and I hated to break the news to him, but hearing what he had to say, I wasn't feeling as bad anymore.

"You mean this isn't the first time you've made your offer," I asked.

"Nope, and this isn't the first time he's turned me away. The man is stubborn I tell you."

"So you're not mad?"

Arnav turned to me. He was in the middle of changing his clothes, his button down shirt spread wide open, revealing that chiseled chest of his. I couldn't help myself and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him underneath the shirt, and placed a kiss on his chest.

"Definitely not mad," Arnav smiled humbly.

"Okay. I still feel bad for playing a dirty card on him."

"Meaning?"

"Um... I may have brought up the fact that he had no one."

Arnav sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "It is what it is Khushi - you only said the truth."

I nodded in agreement, when a certain someone came to mind, causing me to scoff. "If only a certain someone would tell the truth."

When I looked back up at Arnav, I knew that he had figured out who I was talking about - Kinjal.

"Is she still bothering you about the money," I asked.

"She's giving me a week or else she's going to the press."

"That bitch!"

Arnav looked away. Seeing the look on his face, it was obvious that he was under torment on the situation. But what could be done in a week, I mean I honestly have no clue.

Arnav shook his head. "It doesn't matter, I'm already planning on sending her the money."

"You're giving her the ten thousand," I asked, completely shocked.

"I don't exactly have a choice on the matter Khushi. I either give her the money and silence her, or I don't and not only humiliate you and myself, but our entire family as well, and I refuse for that to happen."

Arnav pulled away, me standing still, stunned from his words. It wasn't his frustration that had me in this state, but the pain in his voice. All he wanted was to protect everyone from his past mistakes, and I honestly felt bad for him.

But I wasn't letting this situation go so easily, and I sure as hell am not gonna be sparing Kinjal so easily, either.

But what do I do? What do I do?!!