Chapter Twenty One

With the sun up high and bright in the sky, and warm temperature surrounding us, Arnav and I explored the island. It really wasn't too much, though it definitely took most of the day. We went around the island then followed a trail through the woods - it was really fun!

By nightfall, we were back in the house. Dinner was already made by the workers and I heated it up and prepared it while Arnav washed up. From the large wine rack, which sat on one end of the kitchen, Arnav selected a bottle and poured it into two glasses.

"Two glasses," I questioned.

Certainly he doesn't think I could drink it?

"This is Muscat; it's sweeter, so I think you'll like this. The Pinot Grigio we had on the plane is a bit drier than this."

We hardly describes him finishing his Pinot while I took only a sip. But how sweet of him to include me.

Arnav handed me a glass and with a gulp, I took a sip.

"Well...?"

"It's... definitely worth another sip," and I did so.

Ah! Look at me! I'm drinking wine! Take that bitches!

Arnav smiled and took a sip of his wine as well.

"Do you prefer Muscat or Pinot," I asked.

"Both are fine; Pinot is just drier and I usually drink that."

Huh? Is that so?

Remembering the taste of the Pinot I had on the plane versus this, the Muscat is sweeter. The Pinot however really did make it seem like I was drinking alcohol. This however...

Geez, I gotta up my standards.

"Looks like I'll be taking wine lessons from you."

Arnav's lips crooked up. "Wine lessons?"

And I couldn't help my smile. "Wine lessons," I mouthed.

Arnav chuckled and it just sounded... wonderful. Honestly.

"Is something wrong?"

"Huh?"

Oh shit, I was dazing!

"Uh, nothing, nothing really," I tried to laugh off.

He seemed a bit suspicious but dropped it. We resumed to our dinner, chatting away as we could. It's strange how quickly we've managed to keep a flow in our conversations. I always thought that the beginning of arranged marriages were always awkward - awkward silences, weird pauses, stuff like that. Yet here we are, having a conversation - ranging from work to family - with no problem.

With dinner complete, we moved to the living room with our wine - though I have to admit I feel slightly buzzed. The TV played in the background but we were too busy in our conversation to care to watch.

"Arnav, there is something I wanted to ask."

"Sure."

"Now that we're married... what about work?"

Arnav took a sip of his wine. "What about it?"

"Well... will I go back to work?"

His eyebrows met at the middle. "Of course you will, why wouldn't you?"

I don't know why, but I felt slightly embarrassed. "Um... I don't know."

But the expression on his face told me that he wasn't buying it.

"Well... I mean, well...." Why am I being so flustered? "Well-"

"You thought we were going to stop you from working and keep you in the kitchen all day," he asked with a small smile.