𝟘𝟚𝟡.

AMOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE━━ accidental encounter

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER TWENTY NINE━━ accidental encounter

━━━━━━━━━━

A FEW WEEKS PASSED. Lyra still visited the Burrow sometimes to the delight of Ginny (and Fleur). She'd play Quidditch and occasionally football with Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione who would most times rather watch them play.

     Today was another day that Lyra visited. The Weasleys were planning to go shopping for school supplies and she decided to go with them. Much to Hermione and Ginny's delight, Fleur wouldn't be going with them and stayed at the Burrow with Bill.

"It's good Dad can get us these again," Ron spoke appreciatively, as the car moved smoothly away from the Burrow and Bill and Fleur waving from the kitchen window. The five were all sitting in the wide backseat.

      "Don't get used to it, it's only because of Harry," said Mr. Weasley over his shoulder. He and Mrs. Weasley were in front with the Ministry driver. "He's been given top-grade security status. And we'll be joining up with additional security at the Leaky Cauldron too."

"Here you are, then," said the driver, a while later. He slowed in Charing Cross Road and stopped outside the Leaky Cauldron. "I'm to wait for you, any idea how long you'll be?"

     "A couple of hours, I expect," Mr. Weasley replied. "Ah, good, he's here!" Instead of Aurors, as Lyra expected there to be, Hagrid was waiting outside for them.

They entered the Leaky Cauldron which was empty for the first time. Tom, the person who owned it, looked up hopefully as they entered. Before he could speak, Hagrid said importantly, "Jus' passin' through today, Tom, sure yeh understand, Hogwarts business, yeh know." Tom nodded and returned to wiping glasses.

     They walked through the bar and out into the chilly courtyard at the back where the dustbins stood. When Hagrid rapped a certain brick in the wall, it opened at once, forming an archway onto a winding cobbled street. They stepped through the entrance and paused, looking around.

Lyra was shocked when she saw what happened to Diagon Alley. It used to be a colourful, and exciting place. Now all of it was hidden behind the large Ministry of Magic posters that had been put over them. A few windows were boarded up, including those of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, a shop she remembered going to when she was little.

      A sordid little wizard was clattering armfuls of silver symbols on chains at passersby. "One for your little girl, madam?" he called at Mrs. Weasley as they passed, ogling at an uncomfortable looking Ginny. "Protect her pretty neck?"