046.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX ━━ A new regime

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FORTY-SIX ━━ A new regime

━━━━━━━━━━

SUMMER ENDED as fast as it started. It didn't mean that nothing happened, on the contrary, a lot of stuff did. When Lyra came back home from the wedding, she found out her aunt and uncle had been tortured; Death Eaters had come to ask about Harry's location.

About that, after Kingsley's message, Death Eaters ambushed the wedding and Harry, Ron & Hermione managed to escape. They're now on the run after You-Know-Who's takeover. As Mrs. Soots had predicted, muggle borns were being arrested left and right, meaning that Ted fled too. Lyra didn't want to leave Andromeda alone but at least she had Tonks (and Lupin who came back after cowardly running away).

Besides, she still had to go to Hogwarts.

Hogwarts. . .The safest place in Britain was now in his charge too, Lyra had noticed that when she and Ginny went shopping for books. Muggle studies and DADA were different now. It was now "The Dark Arts" and why muggles were the scum of earth. Lyra would be going to her sixth year, so they'll be learning the curses and she wasn't excited.

     A few days ago she found out who'd be the new Headmaster: Severus Snape. Out of all people, the man who murdered Dumbledore, the man who'd once been an important person in her life. It didn't make any sense.

Kings Cross was less crowded than the years before. There were quite few of missing faces and the first years didn't seem so happy about boarding the trains. She hoped that at least the trolly lady would be there. Death Eaters liked candy too, right?

     After giving Andromeda one last hug, Lyra saw Natalie not so far away, saying goodbye to Noah and an elderly witch who stared around as though she had eaten a lemon.

Must be the infamous Carolyn Soots, Lyra thought.

They waved at each other but her hand got snatched away by her grandmother.

     "For Merlin's sake, Natalie. What have I told you about your nails? No red!" Carolyn continued her scolding. Natalie rolled their eyes dramatically at Lyra as she approached them.

     "And who are you, then?" she asked.

"I'm Lyra, it's nice to meet you." Lyra stook out a hand, however, Carolyn took a step back.

     "Malfoy, I don't do handshakes. You never know where those hands have been."

"I totally agree, gran," Noah chimed in. "You are such a wise woman."