𝟘𝟛𝟝.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE━━ the perspectives of Christmas.

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE━━ the perspectives of Christmas

TW: self harm, mention of ED and suicide
━━━━━━━━━━

THIS CHRISTMAS WAS DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS. It would be Lyra's first Christmas without her Malfoy name. It was different, but it felt somewhat relieving. She was sure there would be no Malfoy Family Christmas Party this year; Lucius was in Azkaban and no one would even come to their house.

She felt bad for Draco and Narcissa. Their Christmas wouldn't be the extravagant party like it always was, the Manor would be empty and quiet. Or Lyra was completely wrong and they were holding one with the remaining Death Eaters  without her and the Malfoy Seniors. And if Lucius wouldn't survive his life sentence, Draco would become the Malfoy Heir in a way no one expected.

Lyra sometimes wondered how it'd be if her parents were looser. Maybe she would've known that Abraxas got Dragon Pox or that Lucius was a Death Eater. The thoughts of an alternate world made her somewhat crave for it. One where she was as smart as Natalie, confident like Zayna, as pretty as Ginny and loved by her parents like Draco. But most importantly: a world where she was accepted by everybody.

She knew however that it would never happen.

But today she couldn't be upset because it didn't matter where she was, Christmas stayed her favourite holiday. Maybe this could become one of her bests yet.

Lyra bought all her presents beforehand. For her aunt and uncle she bought CD's Tonks had recommended and had found something very useful for Tonks's work.

She bought Severus a black sweater, though she knew he wouldn't wear it. Luna was gifted a bag of butterfly clips Lyra found in a store along with some sweets. She had bought Natalie a dress she once told her she couldn't afford. Zayna had gotten Zonko's supplies and a photo album where she could out photo's in.

On the train ride home, Zayna had told them she wouldn't come back to Hogwarts next year. After everything that happened in the muggle world, she had to make sure her family wouldn't be harmed. Lyra was upset by the news but understood it because she would've done the same thing.

When Lyra had gotten to Ginny and Demelza, she initially had no idea what to give them. They were ( with Severus ) the most important people who she wasn't closely related to. They had it easier, neither knew Lyra used to like Ginny and just gave her a present they would give their best friend/girlfriend.

But she was happy with the gifts she ultimately sent them; Demelza would receive a photo with a poem that took an hour to write and decorate. Ginny would get a necklace with a photo of the two inside it.