𝟘𝟜𝟘.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FORTY ━━ abraxas malfoy's birthday

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FORTY ━━ abraxas malfoy's birthday

━━━━━━━━━━

TODAY HAD TO BE THE WORST DAY IN LYRA'S LIFE. Because it was the one where she had to remind herself that her grandfather was dead. Abraxas would've turned 71. Lyra would do the usual: write a letter, send his favourite flowers and wish him many years of happiness. Her habit permanently changed.

     She received condolences from her friends, some teachers (even Slughorn), her aunt and uncle. Lyra hadn't seen Draco all day which upset her. Even though they didn't talk, having her brother even be in the same room would've given her some comfort.

Another thing she hated was that today was a Saturday. If it were a normal school day she'd use the classes to distract herself. Now there wasn't even a Hogsmeade weekend to take her away from it. She would just try to find to distract herself. . . going to Natalie.

     She remembered her telling them they could find her in the library for the next two hours. It had only been thirty minutes. Lyra carried whatever she could find and headed straight to the library.

Arriving there, she spotted Natalie with her books opened and her boyfriend Theodore sitting next to her. As Lyra came closer, she could hear the argument they were having more clearly.

     "You can study this and maybe the other part tomorrow," Theo suggested.

"That's like the worst idea you could ever suggest to me," said Natalie.

     "Babe, I'm only trying to help. I did the same thing while studying for my O.W.L's last year."

Natalie looked at him, flabbergasted. "Theo, when have you ever opened a book?"

Lyra knew Theodore was very smart. Not only from Draco's complaining on how his grades were much better than his, also because of his father. Cantankerus Nott was a genius. He started making spells at fifteen, some ( for example the one which kept her hair shiny) Lyra even used herself.

     "The day of my Potions OWL," he said.

"You looked at it once and got an Outstanding, I can't do that." Then Natalie finally noticed Lyra. They exchanged greetings as she sat down.

"She's a bit temperamental," Theo whispered, loud enough for Natalie to give him a dirty look.

"It's all because you give me terrible advice," she mumbled. "I do not, Nat. You shut all my ideas down."