053.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE ━━ Grounded

i know it's been a month 😭long chapter: 6k words━━━━━━━━━━

long chapter: 6k words
━━━━━━━━━━

REMUS SAYING LYRA WAS FUCKED was an understatement. She's grounded. Grounded by her own aunt. After the crushing hugs and cries about how worried she was, Andromeda got angry. No Hogwarts from now on, which would only delight the Carrows. No to watching tv. No to shopping, and worst of all, no visiting or writing to Ginny anymore.

Because Ron was caught with Harry, they had gone in hiding. The Tonks family knew of their location and even so, Lyra wasn't allowed to visit. At least she still had Teddy.

And whenever her little nephew was sleeping, though, Lyra would write into her newest obsession. Her new diary. Inspired by the likes of Jonathan Harker and Charles Pooter, she began writing down all that has recently been happening.

     It had only been a month, however, she'd written plenty of things already. That may also be because she'd sometimes write two entries in "Lyra's little notebook!!" a day. 

Dear Diary,

I believe I'm a good person.

I may have accidentally apparated but tried to save my long time friend and cousin. I probably should've not gone up the roof upon hearing my uncle had died. Ted was and is still my favourite. However, I feel like my aunt suspects me of not being upset.

I really am very upset. It was yet another person important to me that lost their live. Andromeda and I got disowned at around the same age, but the Black and Malfoy families are different kinds of people.

We blondies were taught to show as little emotion as possible when someone died. "Keep your faces neutral," Lucius Malfoy had always said to Draco and I. We grieved in private, so no one could see us.

Abraxas his portrait was painted on the day his mother died. And like the others before him was he expected to sit on that seat and look as stoic as possible. The Black family, they were open grievers. I remember them to be very emotional. Though, no snot and ugly tears, just terrible sobs you'd hear in a Shakespeare play.

One story, similar to that of Ivan the Terrible and his son Ivan said that Licorus Black, in a fit of rage killed his son Cygnus. He had refused to let go off him, eyes crimson like the blood that stained his hands. He is the earliest ancestor, some say the patriarch. I believe he started their way of grief in an unintentional way. Through rage.