050.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY━━ The abduction of Luna Lovegood

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FIFTY━━ The abduction of Luna Lovegood

━━━━━━━━━━

MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE THE FAILED MISSION. Most days, nothing happened but the year 1997 had a ton of surprises. First, the abduction of Luna. Lyra figured that You-know-Who evidently had enough of Xenophelius Lovegood his articles in defence of Harry and took who he cared for the most, his daughter.

Lyra couldn't imagine how Mr. Lovegood must be feeling. His daughter got kidnapped by the most dangerous wizard known to mankind, it would scare anyone.

The friends were all worried. Having their attention constantly on Potterwatch, Lee's broadcast, hoping they wouldn't hear her name announced in the list of his victims.

     Before they knew it, it was time for Easter Break already. Almost all students were going home this year and Lyra had a feeling that most wouldn't come back. She didn't know what Andromeda would decide since Tonks's due date was nearing. Lyra really wanted to be there when her son was born.

Sitting in their compartment, Ginny and Lyra were content they were alone. Just the two of them, something they had been wishing for a while after not having been left alone.

     "It's weird, isn't it?" wondered Ginny with a smile.

Lyra glanced up at her. "What?" she asked.

     "When we met all those years ago, the first thing I asked you was for medicine since you threw up. Now, you're my girlfriend."

     This made her laugh slightly. "We did the partner meeting family thing before we were girlfriends." On one side, then, she added in her head.

     "Well," Ginny began, "mum and dad were relieved to know my partner was the friend I talk about more than anyone else."

"Gwenog Jones must feel betrayed by you. I'm still angry that I never got to meet her."

     "I'll ask for an autograph once I become the next Chaser of the Holyhead Harpies," Ginny promised her with a smug grin.

"I can't wait. I miss seeing you fly."

"I miss it too, especially flying with you." That she missed a lot too. Some of their happiest moments were in the air. When they defied gravity, speeding on their brooms and watching how the other enjoyed themselves. Though Lyra knew she fell for her at the Yule Ball, it may as well could've been when she saw her fly for the first time. Ginny had a glow around her, one Lyra's heart had not ignored as it threatened to burst out of her chest.