𝟘𝟜𝟜.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR ━━ When the quartet becomes a trio. 

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

NOW IT WAS OVER. Dumbledore was dead, Draco and Snape were gone and the Order had lost its leader. Their only hope right now was Harry. He was the chosen one. The one person destined to put an end to the Dark Lord's rise in power. Harry hadn't even turned seventeen yet and all that weight was put onto his shoulders.

     Lyra felt bad for him. Every big and terrible thing which happened to him was because of the Dark Lord's crave for power;she wondered how he must feel at the moment loosing another person important to his life.

Dumbledore's funeral was unbearable to sit through. Some students were taken home the minute it became public, Zayna was going to leave after the funeral finished. She would go to the U.S with her parents so they were sure their daughter wouldn't be at risk due to her muggle born status.

     It wasn't only Zayna, though, a lot of students born to muggles were not returning to school, including Colin, his brother, Dean and McDean (which didn't matter because no one would miss her). He wasn't a student, still Lyra was worried for her uncle Ted, who even in his youth was hated by his pureblood peers, including Narcissa and Bellatrix.

And now all of this resulted into their little group of four becoming a trio.

     Lyra was never good in saying goodbye to people she was used to see or hear of on a regular basis. Well, that is if she genuinely liked the person because not seeing Candice McDean for two months was the epitome of heaven. Zayna, however? That was hard.

"Everything is going to be so different without you," Lyra said, pulling away from their hug.

     "Exactly! Who am I going to laugh with during Muggle Studies? Natalie?"

     Natalie turned to Ginny, looking offended. "Hey! I'm standing right next to you."

"C'mon, you literally act as if Hogwarts is your work place. When's the last time you ever had fun?" Lyra wasn't sure how she was going to reply because Ginny was kind of right, but all three knew that Natalie's parents were really strict about her grades and Acceptable wasn't good enough for them.

     "I have fun with Theodore not that kind of fun," she clarified when Lyra's brows shot up, "and I'm good at karaoke."

"Yeah, that's true," shrugged Zayna, "but that's not with us. Look, when I'm gone you seriously need to start acting like a teenager and not a middle aged woman, okay?"

     "Okay," said Natalie, rolling her eyes and gave her a hug.

"Zay, there's Colin," whispered Ginny suddenly. 

     "Shit," she cursed and hid behind Lyra. Zayna talked other people into making decisions and when it came to herself she was terrible at it. Mr. Fistell had no idea she and Colin had been dating for over 3 months, according to her, he would die hearing it.

     "If you keep hiding Colin will know that you didn't tell them," Lyra commented as her friend peered around to look for him.

"They both are sweethearts and I really want to tell him but my father is Iranian. . ."

"You could try," said Ginny.

"Try?" Zayna snorted, "Ginny, do you want me dead? Remember Eddie? Dad found out we kissed once and I haven't seen him since." Damn I forgot about him, Lyra thought.

     "You're sixteen. Uncle's definitely over his phase of watching you like a hawk," Natalie said. "Go and tell him."

"There you are!" They heard two people say and Zayna looked as though she wanted to die. It were Colin and Mr. Fistell.

     "This is going to be awkward," Ginny muttered.

Colin was the first one to reach her. "I've been looking for you and I thought you left."

"Or rather hid," Lyra corrected and Zayna shoved her, turned back to Colin and smiled sweetly.

   "She's just joking, you know Lyra. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I wanted to say goodbye to my girlfriend," he replied, taking her hands. Behind them, Mr. Fistell cleared his throat, his wife behind him. He heard what Colin had said and from his face alone was it not news he liked to hear.

"Zayna, what does he mean by girlfriend?"

"You didn't tell him?"

"Tell me what?" asked Mr. Fistell. Zayna turned to her friends for help and all they mouthed to her was to tell him.

"That he's my boyfriend, dad," she blurted out.

     "Boyfriend, huh? You know what I told you "

"And I don't care! I've fancied Colin for a year and we made it official three months ago. I know you've a habit of managing my life but I'm sixteen. I don't care if you disapprove and won't allow you to make me meet Arman because I like him."

Her parents and Colin had temporary faces of shock, whereas the girls were proud of her to finally stand up to her father. "Very well, date him, and don't tell me I didn't warn you if he breaks your heart."

"I won't, Sir, I promise."

Mr. Fistell rolled his eyes, muttering something about teenagers before telling his daughter she had two minutes.

"See! It wasn't that hard," said Natalie.

     "It was, I've never talked to him like that. . . And it felt good, very good. I should do it more."

"Calm down, love," chuckled Colin. "We'll have to wait until you come back, hopefully he hasn't changed his mind by then."

     Zayna shook her head. "My father doesn't change minds so easily. The Arman guy I talked about, he's going to America with us."

When all of them said their last goodbyes, Lyra found Tonks waiting for her. They watched as families apparated away, wanting to be home as quickly as possible. "Everything's going to change, isn't it?"

Tonks threw an arm around Lyra's shoulder, nodding sadly. "Yes, Lyra, yes."

𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖:

LAST CHAPTER OF ACT 3!!!!

pretend they're NOT bonnie and caroline from tvd hugging, okay thanks 😌👍🏾

also, i think i'm almost at 85k reads ‼️‼️‼️ like thanks omg.