𝟘𝟛𝟚.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO━━ the chaser and the beater

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO━━ the chaser and the beater

━━━━━━━━━━

THE QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS had to be the day Lyra was waiting for the most. After liking to be a Beater last year, she decided to tryout as one. She knew Ginny would be there to try for Chaser. The chance of them playing together was very unlikely since she remembered they tried out for positions in groups.

Because Angelina, Alicia, Sloper and the twins had left Hogwarts last year, there were many free spots. Harry was captain this year and had to choose who would be in the revamped team.

On her way to the Quidditch pitch, Lyra spotted Demelza heading there too. "Demelza! You're trying out too?"

     Demelza turned around, trying to see where the sound came from and smiled when she saw Lyra. She nodded. "I'm going for Chaser. You were one too, if I remember correctly."

"Yes, in my second year. But when fourth year came, Lucius and Narcissa didn't allow me to play because they overreacted when I broke my ankle," she explained.

     "That sucks, you were really good. Are you trying out for Chaser again?"

"No. You know, after some months of being a Beater last year, I knew I prefer that anyway."

      "I remember. Having you on the team last year saved Gryffindor from being last at the Cup, you and Ginny, then. The other Beater was terrible." The mention of Sloper had terrible matches tied to them which Lyra preferred to ignore the existence from.

"He left this year. I still don't think anyone can beat Fred and George, though. But let's go to the actual tryouts before we're too late." They left the hallway to the Quidditch pitch. As Lyra predicted, many students were present, from tiny first years to large seventh years. She noticed McLaggen being there and the bright heads of Ginny and Ron.

    Demelza led her to some girls she described to be as "nice" but they existed out of Romilda Vane, the girl who had called her The Other Malfoy and her equally as giggly friends. It surprised Lyra that Demelza could hang out with total opposites like them.

"These are Amelia, Charlotte, Sophia and Romilda," said Demelza, pointing at each of them.

     "I know Romilda," Lyra informed coolly, remembering how she basically called her weird.

"Oh My God! You were on the train with Harry." Was her reaction once she had done a double check. "How do you know him? I mean, aren't you the sister of his like arch rival?"