(39) Threesome

"What are we even looking for?" I ask hesitantly, as Clary, Magnus and I make our way down the wooden and creaking steps into the basement, far below the institute

"What are we even looking for?" I ask hesitantly, as Clary, Magnus and I make our way down the wooden and creaking steps into the basement, far below the institute. I feel myself shudder, my mind racing back to when I was here last, my stomach coiling over at the memory of Simon's dead body lying lifeless against the cold slab of concrete.

However, the basement here looked completely different, instead stocked full of shelves and boxes, holding sheets of paper and other random mundane items that even I didn't know the use of.

"I'll know it when I see it." Magnus says, seeming slightly uncertain but still continues his walk onwards. I nod, trying not to let his doubt seep into me, and choose instead to walk down the sides of the basement, exploring to see if anything unusual steps out.

"What if this doesn't work?" I hear Clary asks, worry evident in her shaky voice.

"It will, biscuit. I can feel it." I smile hearing the usual cute pet name that Magnus holds, even in this dimension, and a wave of nostalgia hit me.

I actually was missing home severely.

Though the thoughts of this are quickly erased as I hear the thudding footsteps coming down the stairs, and chuckle lightly as I hear Jace's accusing voice.

"You know, if you were having second thoughts about us, you could have told me, instead of coming down here and hooking up with some random guy." Jace expresses, his tone one of utter disbelief and betrayal, and it would be almost hilarious if he didn't sound so heartbroken.

"Jace, this isn't exactly a good time." I say, exhaling deeply as I step out from behind the shelves. I notice his expression turn into that of confusion as his eyes look back and forth between the three of us.

"What is this? Some kind of fucked up threesome?" He questions, a disgusted look on his face.

I almost laugh, however, just as Jace turns to leave, I hear a gut wrenching roar and as my eyes lift, I see the unmistakable figure of a demon, fangs protruding out from its mouth and it's clawed hands scratching outwards, inching towards Jace.

I watch as Clary leaps forwards in time, kicking the demon back as harshly as she can before grabbing an alarmed and terrified Jace by the hand, yanking him backwards.

"What the hell is that thing?" He yells out, stammering back with Clary as she ushers him further into the room.

Swiftly, I rip the shard from my necklace, throwing it to Magnus, "Go find the portal" I yell out, watching as he catches it before turning on his heel and rushing away.

I watch as Clary falls besides Jace, kneeling next to him and holding him tightly, trying to comfort his quivering and trembling figure. He looked completely mortified, and it was an odd sight, but not unexpected, especially since we ourselves had flipped out at Pandemonium not that long ago.