(26) Male Anatomy

"What's all this for?" I ask curiously, standing behind a serious Magnus, watching his hands work busily; mixing and pouring colourful and most likely dangerous ingredients together

It had been a day since Alec had brought me back to Magnus's apartment and as amazing as reconnecting with everyone has been, unfortunately Luke's condition had taken a turn for the worst and now we were all here desperately doing whatever we could to help.

Well, everyone who could actually do something were helping.

Clary and I didn't have much to contribute.

"The base for the potion. We need to have it ready before Clary's boy toys get back." Magnus jokes, finally catching Clary's attention and we smirk as she blushes profusely, shaking her head modestly as if what we said wasn't true.

"They're not my boy toys" She defends.

"And pigs fly" I mutter back sarcastically causing Magnus to bellow out in amusement.

"What if they don't get back in time?" Clary gravely whispers suddenly, her expression dropping as she contemplates the consequences of not helping Luke in time.

The thought only makes me feel like vomiting.

Losing our mother was one thing, but Luke? After everything we had been through, we couldn't have him ripped away from us again, not when we just got him back.

"You can't think like that, biscuit." Magnus says, frowning deeply as he places a reassuring hand on Clary's shoulder.

"Well, she's not wrong" I say, catching their attention and brining their eyes to me. "It's all that we can think about... I don't know if I can do this anymore. Okay, I'm an music student. All my adventures are supposed to be in note form" I exasperate, my hands instinctively coming up to rub tiresomely at my face.

It seemed like every up came with a million and one disastrous downs.

And it was starting to get really old.

"Who says?" Magnus scoffs, "These aren't just adventures, they're experiences Biscuit; ventures, love, memories these are all the amazing things that come with the crappy monsters and demons" Magnus exclaims, his hands swaying wildly as bright vibrant flames dance across the room.

Maybe Magnus was right, I was experiencing more in these last few weeks than I had in my entire 18 years alive.

I was still yet to decide whether that was a good thing or not though.

"Love?" Clary asks, her brow raising childishly as a mocking expression overtakes her features. I groan loudly, burying my face into my hands, desperate to do anything to avoid that conversation.

"Don't open that box of worms Risa" I say glaring, a devilish smirk appearing on my face, "Because you have two boxes I can open, rhyming with ace and imon, ring a bell?" I state teasingly, a look of faux confusion on my face as I watch Clary sneer before childishly flipping me off.