(4) Still an asshole

I couldn't find Clary anywhere

When I chased her out of the club, it was as if she had dispersed into thin air, she was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't find Simon and Maureen and their van was nowhere in sight either, and that created enough fear in me to make me feel as if I was about to explode.

I had to find my sister.

And I know what your think... why the hell did your sister just run off and leave without you?

Well the answer is that I would've killed her if she hadn't, the thing is Clary is way more sensitive and easily frightened than I am and I've always told her that if she finds herself in a bad situation she can run if she needs to, because in the end I knew my sister well enough to find and help her when she asked for it. Though I never did expect for the situation to be with demons or to be life threatening, but that makes it even more important for me to track her down.

And I think I had a pretty good idea of where she was.

At home.

Clary is also a very big mummy's girl, I mean sure I love my mother but I like privacy and space whereas Clary prefers for mum to know every nook and cranny of her life, so I know with absolute certainty that she's at home with my mum, especially since she left in that horrified state, I knew she would need my mothers help to regain stability.

I rushed desperately through the streets, the harsh and assertive rain pounding down at dangerous rates as I push my way through the crowds of pedestrians, all trying to manoeuvre their own way home. Luckily for me my house was only several streets down from the club making it less of a journey for me to find my sister and ease my erratic heart.

I hastily swept away the thick strands of soaked, dark brown hair that was stuck to my face messily before hugging the extremely thin and wet material closer to my body, the pace of my feet was somehow increasing to speeds beyond apprehension as I near the entry of my home.

I jog swiftly up the stairs and push open the door to Dot's tarot card shop and walk in.

The second I enter I feel my heart plummet to the bottom of my stomach like a rock sinking to the bottom of a reef. Before my sapphire eyes, I see the entirety of Dot's shop ruined; tables flipped, vases smashed, all items within the shelves laying horrified on the floor in a pile of mess and ruins.

Slowly, I grab a sharpened and broken piece of wood that was abandoned on the floor and carefully make my way through the maze of rubbish and shards painted over the once immaculately neat floor. Once I reach the staircase leading up to my house I prudently make way upwards, weapon in hand trying my hardest to not alert any possible perpetrators who still may be lurking.

I reach the top of the stairs in peace before peeking my head through the broken and damaged front door of my house before instantly deserting the wood and rushing over to Clary; who was sat on the floor, tears pouring out of her eyes as she sobs quietly in despair.