(29) Warnings and intruders

"It looked like a wine glass" Clary says, her face slightly amused as she thinks about the Mortal Cup, that we successfully managed to get back

"Well, that wine glass saved Cam's life" Izzy says, smirking, sauntering over from her mirror to drop next to me on her lush and large sized bed.

This felt oddly like déjà vu, my mind travelled back to when we had first arrived at the institute and had a girls talk with Izzy just like this.

It felt like a life time ago.

"I'm just happy I got it out in time, only the angel knows what would have happened if I didn't"

"Well, you did" Clary smiles, "And besides, Jace said the first rule of Shadowhunting was 'when something explodes, just keep walking.'" Clary states, her voice dropping a few octaves to mimic a gruff sounding Jace.

"Okay, and what's the second rule?" I ask, giggling, since that is pretty much how Jace speaks.

Always trying to be the mysterious bad boy.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy states, chiming in, her slim and toned leg lifting simultaneously to reveal her high block heeled booties. Clary and I merely laugh in response, shaking our heads in amusement.

"Oh, and speaking of Jace" I start, my eyes immediately lifting to Clary, who already looks flustered. "I can't believe that you and Jace did tonsil hockey last night and you didn't even tell me" I exasperate, a teasing smile on my face as Clary glares at me.

"Cam!" Clary mutters, groaning as she shuts her eyes in embarrassment.

"It was super cute, though a little risky, they kissed in the middle of the institute" Izzy comments, wiggling her brows insinuatingly at me.

"You did not!" I exclaims, laughing out in shock. "And there you were not long ago claiming to have zero interest in Jace, I so knew you were lying"

"You are hardly one to talk, Cam. Does Izzy know, yet, about your own hypocrisy" Clary asks, an evil and mischievous smile gracing her features as she throws me into the freaking deep end. Immediately, Izzy's eyes snap to me, a small smirk and curious eyes staring me down.

Gee, thanks a lot Clary.

"Ooh, what does that mean?" Izzy asks, the excitement she felt at a new secret evident in her jittery body and teeth baring smile.

"Well..." I start, the blood already rushing to my face as I twiddle my thumbs, "I may have, um kissed Alec"

"What!?" Izzy exclaims, her body instantaneously turning towards me, her eyes wide and smile broad.

She looked happier about the kiss than I bloody did.

"How, what, when ,where and why" Izzy says, her voice fast paced and bombarding, her questions attacking me faster than I could understand. I laugh slightly, my eyes momentarily lifting to Clary to glare at her, though I was eventually going to tell Izzy anyway, I just wasn't prepared for it to be right now.