(15) One step forward, two steps back

I was currently in the weapons room, my eyes wondering over the wide selection of weapons as I tried to decipher which I should choose for today

I was currently in the weapons room, my eyes wondering over the wide selection of weapons as I tried to decipher which I should choose for today. The problem was that my dress was tight and could conceal little, and since we were attempting to be discreet whilst in the downworlder rave, I couldn't exactly walk around with a double ended spear like Merlin.

I sigh exhaustedly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as I scavenger different ideas through my brain, trying to think of other ways of hiding a weapon, but I couldn't really think of anything that would work.

Last resort is to change into something more practical.

Which sucks since this outfit is awesome.

Exhaling in frustration, I quickly closed the cabinet doors before turning on my heel to go back to Izzy's room for outfit number 2. However, as I pivot to turn, I bump into a hard chest and stumble back slightly. In the process my heel slips into an awkward angle and I let out a shaky gasp as I prepare to fall onto my ass.

However, I'm swiftly caught by a strong pair of arms and I'm aided to stand up and have stability, the person holding my waist as I hold their lean shoulders to stand back up.

I'm such a klutz.

"Thank you- "

My eyes shift up during my speech of gratitude and lock onto the familiar pair of forest green yet icy blue eyes that I'd fallen aimlessly into many times before.

Alec.

"Oh, Alec" I whisper, gulping nervously as I step back slightly since we were both still closely pressed together. "Thanks for helping me" I mumble quietly, avoiding his stare as he zooms downwards, gazing intently at my eyes, and he also shift back, moving his hands off my waist.

It was so strange that something as simple as eye contact could feel so intimate.

I need help.

Not hearing a reply, I nod awkwardly before shifting slightly and walking away, my brain mentally scolding me for being such an awkward klutz, and since Alec was already pissed of at me for some unknown reason, he was probably even more annoyed now.

"Camilla"

I stop dead in my tracks, my mind contemplating whether or not I had imagined it. Deciding that I hadn't, I swiftly turned on my heels and met eyes with Alec, his gaze was turned towards me as he placed down his bow and arrow set.

"Yes?" I question, my voice much less meek and timid, as I attempt to gain back some of my dignity around him, since for some reason I turn into a little daisy when he's around me.

Which I'm definitely not.

"You didn't pick out a weapon, you're going to need one for the mission, in case anything happens" He says, his brow raised as he leans lazily against the metal table, his eyes glued to mine and I felt myself frowning.