(7) Meth Dealer

"I saw something behind your friend

"I saw something behind your friend." Jace explained as he, Clary and I descended down the corridor of the institution, Jace armed with a so called 'serph blade' as Izzy called it, and he looked ready to take down any thing that seemed a threat.

Good thing Simon's as harmless as a butterfly or he'd be destined to be sheesh-kebab.

"You're not going to kill Simon, are you?" Clary asked nervously, her eyes somewhat scared as she stared at Jace who was walking beside her. "Protect the humans, kill the demons." Jace said instantly relieving the stress from Clary's mind.

"It's good you said that because I thought I would have to de-ball you to protect Simon" I added sweetly before pushing ahead and walking forwards, leaving a wide-eyes and slightly spooked Jace in my wake. "Glad to know" I heard him mumble under his breath.

"So, why can't Simon see you?" I heard Clary ask as we pushed open the institute door and stepped out, a wide-eyed and perplexed Simon gaping at us as we exited the seemingly abandoned and glum looking old church. "This is a glamour," Jace replied, lifting up his shirt to reveal the symbol at his stomach. "A rune that makes me invisible to mundanes." Jace added making me nod, since not only was that freaking awesome but that would be perfect for my anti-socialness.

"It's a shame, really, cause well, denying them all this." He smirked making me scoff before glancing at him "Always the self-absorbed fuckboy" I scolded lightly making him grin, whilst bowing his head in a joking manner.

"What do you have on?" Simon asked completely perplexed before taking off his jacket and holding it out for one of us to take, I nod my head for Clary as she gently takes it from his hands and holds it to her stomach.

"Let me take you home." He begs making me smile sadly, knowing he was completely oblivious to everything that was happening. "I don't think we have one anymore." Clary whispered quietly, the sadness evident in her voice making Simon move forwards, his hands on each of our shoulders.

"Why? What do you mean? "He asks quickly, his heartbeat obviously increasing as he stared wildly at us, needing to know what horrible thing had happened to his two best friends.

"Well- "

"Clary and Camilla Fairchild!" An unfamiliar voice bellowed out causing Clary and I to abruptly turn around to see a tall, dark skinned man holding a serph blade, a circled tattoo like wound on his neck. Suddenly Jace appears, he grabs the man by the neck from behind and they begin to fight as Clary and I watching helplessly whilst they brawl with each other, the only sound heard is their grunts and our gasps.

"Clary, what's going on?" Simon asked nervously. "What are you looking at, cam?" He questioned holding me, but before I could reply I see Jace and the man are face to face, both holding their blades against the other.

"If you give us the girls, I'll let you live." The man bargained making Jace sneer, "You're in no position to be making rules." As they continue to battle it out the man still spoke, his voice low and vindictive. "We'll never stop hunting them." He sneered before Jace grabbed him by the neck and I heard him whisper lowly in his ear "This is for my father." Before plunging the blade into his chest, making Clary gasp out in shock at the limp body on the ground, as I covered my mouth in terror.

"Is he dead?" Clary gasped lunging forwards, her hand pointing down at the lifeless body on the ground. "Is who dead?" Simon asked before gasping in surprise as the body magically came into his view, making Simon step back in confusion and shock. "what the- "

"Could you deglamourize, or whatever, so my best friend doesn't think I'm losing my mind?" I snapped angrily at Jace, immediately making him lift up his shirt and use his stele to trace his rune, which gradually makes him visible to a distraught looking Simon.

"Um what is happening?" Simon asked anxiously making me frown knowing right now wasn't the time. "Yeah, we don't have the luxury right now, kid." Jace rebuked before placing his hand on by back and lightly ushering me forwards. "Everyone back inside."

"Clary, Cam, who is this? Your meth dealer?" Simon asked abruptly but was quickly ignored as Clary stated what was on her mind. "I've seen him before. At the police station." Clary said making me frown. "The guy talking to Luke?" I asked as she nodded, before turning her attention to Jace.

"He's a member of the Circle. He's here for both of you." He explained making me exhale deeply mentally questioning what my life had become. "He's with the people who took my mother." I said nonchalantly before stepping forwards to Jace for confirmation.

"Right, your little best friend here led him right to you." Jace chided making me frown, since it wasn't really Simons fault he was just looking out for us. "He's here to capture or kill you." Jace added, his voice serious, adding to the tension building within the 4 of us.

"There's a dead body there, we have to call Luke." Simon said moving forwards ot grab Clary only for me to snap harshly at him, the atmosphere getting the better of me. "We can't trust Luke, Simon!" 

"I need to keep you safe. I promise you, I promise I am going to help you find your mother." Jace expressed looking us both in the eyes, his expression solemn making me nod.

"But you're one of us. You're a Shadowhunter." He said looking at us both, instantly making Simon step forwards, his body tense. "What are you talking about? You don't know this guy, all right? Come with me." Simon pleaded to both Clary and I making me scowl, confused about what to do.

"I can get us help." He pleaded making me sigh in distress, before turning my body towards him and placing my hands on his shoulder whilst staring directly into his eyes. "Simon, this isn't something that the police or even you can fix. We need Jace to find our mother, I'm going to need you to just trust me on this okay?"

"I trust you Cam, I trust you"

Another chapter up!

This one is a hell of a lot shorter then the ones I have previously done before but sometimes you got to make filler chapters for the story to flow.  Anyways, hoped you enjoyed the chapter and make sure to keep reading on.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE.

Thanks loves xx