(34) Obligations

I walk swiftly and determined, my emotions supressed deep within me, freezing me over into a stoic version of myself

I walk swiftly and determined, my emotions supressed deep within me, freezing me over into a stoic version of myself. I left my solitary room after spending hours practically drowning in my tears, only leaving once I had heard of Lydia's plan for Meliorn. I knew that something had to be done.

That and the fact that I refused to let a guy be my downfall.

I wasn't about to make heartbreak into a personality trait.

And, yes though I may sound strong and I'm acting indifferent, I am heartbroken and betrayed but in a world where my father is the villain and demons exist, my heart is the least of my problems, and right now I had a moral obligation to help Meliorn.

And luckily it acted as a pretty busy distraction.

I notice that Izzy and Jace were in the weapons room, and sigh in relief, glad that they hadn't left yet, and as I inspected deeper I saw them to be enthralled in a seemingly deep discussion. I walk up the stairs tentatively, brushing down the creases in my top, not wanting them to see me vulnerable over the news.

I already knew the look they would give me.

And I was right.

As soon as Izzy and Jace felt my presence they turned, an expression of pity and sadness immediately engrossed their features and I felt my throat tighten in pain. But regardless of how deeply I ached, I still painted a casual smile over me, wanting greatly to divert the attention away from me.

"Iz, I heard about Meliorn, I'm so sorry" I express frowning, coming over to envelop her into a hug, one that seems to surprise her but she still reacts, pulling me close.

"Everything seems to be going wrong..." She starts, pulling away, before lifting her eyes tentatively to me. "But, how are you? I mean-"

"I'm fine" I say cutting her off, my eyes meeting both hers and Jace's whilst I decorate on a small smile. "Honestly, I don't want to talk about it and there are a million more important things than me being an idiot" I say, a bitter laugh unintentionally emitting from me.

"You're not an idiot, Cam. If anyone's the idiot it's Alec, I just hope he realises his mistake before it's too late" Jace scolds, a sadness and anger in him as he mentions Alec's name, his eyes soft as he comforts me.

Though hearing his name felt more like a stab to the heart than a warm hug.

"Never mind that" I sigh, steering away from the sore subject, "Obviously we're going to save you know who, so let's get a move on before the pretty little blonde obstacle finds a way to stop us" I mutter, both hostile and mocking, whilst walking forwards and grabbing my throwing knives and a seraph blade.

Both Izzy and Jace share a concerned glance to one another, one that I catch but choose to ignore before they pack up their things. "Before we go" Jace says, looking at me, "I need to put a blocking rune of you, stop you being tracked."