(33) Arrangement

"I swear if that kid ruins one more jacket

"I swear if that kid ruins one more jacket..."

"Where is he?" I demand, ignoring Raphael's frustrated murmur and overlooking the tear in his leather jacket, likely done by a out of control Simon.

Clary, Jace and I had chased Simon after he had escaped, my distrust and disliking of Raphael making me want to make sure Simon was actually being taken care of. He had just turned into a vampire, a blood sucker, against his will, and even if he hated us he would still need our support.

Now more than ever.

"He'll be back." Raphael states calmly, making me narrow my eyes down disbelievingly at him.

"You just let him go? You said you'd look after him." Jace accuses, confusion evident in his face. It was odd seeing Jace worried, or as worried as you'd expect about Simon, though it may just be to help Clary than to actually help Simon.

"I can't do that until he's ready." Raphael explains, sighing, not bothering to go into specifics.

"What does that even mean?" Clary exasperates, looking on the border of bursting into tears or breaking something. Though, I imagine that I look pretty similar to her right now.

Not that anyone could blame us.

I mean, only a few hours ago I thought my best friend was dead and now he's a vampire, after being made into one by my sister, against my advice and his will. It's fair to say a lot is going very wrong.

"It means he's where everybody goes when this happens. His own personal hell." Raphael states, unemotionally and unsympathetically, he was digging into my pit of guilt and he didn't know it, or if he did, he didn't care.

"I did this. I put him there." Clary mumbles, a sob escaping her lips, and no matter how much I wish I could understand why she did what she did I couldn't, because no matter what Simon deserved better than this.

"Yes, you did Clary." I scoff, my tone disappointed, which seems to hurt her more than if I had been angry. "I told you, I told you that this wasn't right, he would hate us for this, worse he would hate himself!" I exclaim, my hand rising and brushing through my reckless hair, my eyes closing shut at Clary's whimper, and muttered "I'm sorry."

"Cam" Jace warns, his eyes pleading, and as I take in Clary's state, I sigh, stepping back and silencing my words, knowing there wasn't a point.

What happened can't be taken back.

"If it helps, he doesn't even remember it was you. Those first minutes... a complete blank." Raphael explains, shrugging lightly but I just scoff, knowing that nothing stays a secret for long around here.

"Once you rein him in, he'll be walking, talking proof to the Clave that Camille broke the Accords. In fact, as a new leader–"

"Seriously, no one gives a shit about your vampire politics! We care about Simon and finding him" I exclaim, angered by Raphael's 'help' that wasn't anything of any actual use.