(20) Hibernating

"Come on Cam, when you asked to stay, I didn't think you would be hibernating in the guest room the entire time"

My eyes slowly open, fluttering slightly at the harsh light leaking in through the cracks in the curtain, signalling that it was probably far too late for me to still be sleeping. I turn on to my back against the plush king-sized bed, shuffling the comfy and thick duvet off of my body, before fully opening my eyes and directing my attention to the tall and curvy girl before me.

"Liza, what part of depression and grief did you not understand?" I say, my voice low and cracking, my body still half shut down since I barely had any energy to be awake.

But that does make sense, I have been sleeping 24/7.

"Depression?" She scoffs out dryly, "More like self-pity" She says deadpanning, her tanned arms folding over one another as she juts out a curvy hip, her face not particularly sympathetic.

Though it was never Liza's vibe to be sympathetic.

I've known Eliza Green for about 3 years now, we met in high school and started off as enemies before rather quickly realising that we were basically the same person, and we rapidly evolved into rather good friends.

And she's good enough of a friend to not question why I've been sleeping at her for the last 2 days.

"Wow Liza, so much empathy for others emotions" I say sarcastically, whilst rolling my eyes, before, stretching out my limps and climbing out the cloud of comfort to sit at the side of the bed. I glance up at her and notice her attire, which was as usual minimal and over the top.

Though Liza definitely was the definition of over the top.

Her dark black hair was curled and left messily in a side part, emphasising her dark eyeshadow and bold red lips. She was wearing a short denim skirt, that hugged her curves and a black sleeves crop top that revealed a lot of cleavage, and her outfit was paired with thigh high, strappy black boots.

She did look great.

"Where you going?"

"To see Dennis, and then after we're going to a party" She explains as she walks over to the mirror latched to the beige wall, leaning forwards to examine her skin. I roll my eyes at the mention of Dennis, Liza's sleazy and unfaithful boyfriend who she has been on and off with since as long as I can remember.

He was never good enough for her, but no one could ever change Liza's mind.

Told you we were similar.

"You should come" She says when I don't reply.

I frown almost instantly making Liza heave out a sigh before tuning expectantly to me, her dark brown eyes narrowed down at me. "Cam, you've done literally nothing but sleep and cry the last 48 hours and you've barely been eating. The least you can do is come out, get some fresh air and just let loose for a couple hours, you haven't even left this room since you got here"