(52) 3 words, 8 letters

"Alec, Isabelle" My mother calls after the Lightwood siblings as they round the bend and pass through the corridor

"Alec, Isabelle" My mother calls after the Lightwood siblings as they round the bend and pass through the corridor. She chases after them and I follow in tow, aimless and lethargic, barely functioning at all.

They stop turning expectantly towards her, their demeanour cold. I watch as both Alec and Izzy's cold stares shift up to me, immediate concern over-taking their features as they take in my dishevelled appearance and blood-shot red eyes.

"Cam, what happened, are you okay?" Izzy asks, stepping forward, a deep frown overtaking her face as she looks at me. I shake my head softly, not speaking, not having the energy to speak. Izzy and Alec make eye contact, worry evident in their faces.

"I found a way to find Jace" Mom states, swiftly catching their attention. She holds up the dark stone and both their faces drop in recognition.

"How did you get that?" Izzy demands, "Only Iron Sisters have access to Adamas"

"Luke's mother was an Iron Sister" She explains, stepping forward. "He told me about an ancient way for Parabatai to communicate through your linked spirits"

Alec scoffs, rolling his eyes as he begins to understand mom's intentions. "So you want me to help you track down Jace so you can kill him?" He asks, astounded "Not going to happen". He shakes his head, moving to turn and walk away.

"They took Clary" The words come out hoarse, a whisper on the wind. Yet both Izzy and Alec immediately halt, their eyes snapping to me.

"What?" Alec asks, his eyes widening as he takes in my vulnerable state.

"She was in front of me and- I knew something was wrong...I knew Dot wasn't herself but I didn't stop her" I close my eyes, shaking my head in disappointment, not being able to say much else.

"Valentine must be behind this, wherever Jace is, Clary will be there too" My mom states, looking to Izzy and Alec, though their attention is narrowed down on me.

"Camilla," Alec says, stepping towards me, his hand brushing back the hair from my face. Despite my annoyance, I can't help but nestle into his touch, the feeling like an anchor to reality.

"You must be overjoyed" I mutter, laughing hollowly as I regard him. Alec shakes his head, his eyes devastated as he looks down at me, his body in front of mine, shielding us from view.

"No, I'm not" He sighs, " but we'll get her back... we'll get them both back" He states, his hand gently lifting my chin, his eyes locking with mine. I nod once, that familiar ache behind my eyes.

"Let's do this" Alec says, stepping back from me, with one last stare he breaks away, walking down the corridor to another room. We all swiftly follow him and enter the square room.

My eyes take in the four by four-bed and satin sheets and the matching dark walls and ornate items around.

My hands fiddle aimlessly as Alec fixes the pillows on the bed before pulling back and button by button, he removes his shirt, leaving him bare and exposed. I swiftly drag my eyes away, averting my stare to some random corner of the room, not wanting to ogle him while my mother stood 5 feet away.