(1) Happy Birthday

"Ok that officially was the worst" Clary exclaims loudly as she heavily slumps onto the chair next to me, at Java Jones

I frown sympathetically at my clearly mentally anguished sister, I mean she just had her interview for MSA (The Musical School of Arts)  on our birthday and now is currently holding the letter that could literally change her future.

That could change our future.

I had auditioned for MSA last month and already received my acceptance letter earlier this week, which meant everything I had dreamt about was coming true.

Well almost everything.

Cause let's be honest the only way in hell I was going to study music at MSA is if I had my sister right next to me studying Art, so it was easy to say a lot was riding on this letter Clary was currently clutching in her hand.

Like every wish and dream we have ever had was riding on her getting in.

"Come on Risa! There's no way in hell it could've been that bad? I mean we have all seen your work, it's bomb. MSA would be complete asshats to let you go. " I expressed loudly before taking a long sip of my latte.

"Yeah and if by some chance of idiocy, they don't let you in tell me the names of the professors... I will end them!" Simon exclaimed his eyes serious causing Clary and I to scoff at him, knowing for a fact that was utter bullshit.

"You know... with- with a scathing email to the dean" He corrected causing an echo of laughter to escape my throat.

"Don't bother" Clary sighed handing me the letter, that was already opened.

Furrowing my brows in confusion and anticipation I hesitantly turn the letter over to see the word 'CONGRATULATIONS' stamped across the top. A huge smile breaks out on my face, as I screech quietly before launching myself at Clary, my arms messily pulling her into a bone crushing hug as her muffled giggling filled the café house.

"You got in???!!!" I heard Simon questions, his voice utterly pleased yet the confusion over Clary lying was evident in his voice.

I quickly pulled away before lightly punching Clary on the arm, my face a mixture of shock and surprise. "I cannot believe you lied to us like that! I swear to god I was like already planning other Universities that we could attend instead" I scoffed loudly making both Clary and Simon heckle at my giddiness.

"What? You guys always prank me, I figured this would be the ultimate prank ever" She teased making Simon and I smirk knowingly to one another, mentally agreeing revenge would have to be due.

"But seriously can we talk about the fact that you got in to MSA, I mean details; what happened?" Simon questioned expectantly, as we both leaned closer in our seats.

"They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary explained laughing.

"Your welcome" Simon and I said in sync, making us all erupt into fits of chuckles.